or Connect

Posts by bdekok

It's actually quite impressive how much it remembers when you turn on Airplane mode. The detail and range is staggering. I'm quite liking (warming up to) the new Maps app, but it could use a bit more polishing. It's the detail I miss from the old Google API iOS5 maps app, such as border boundaries, creeks etc… Yelp! is quite nice, but it is only as good as the crowd uses it. This means not all restaurants, POI, etc are covered. Hopefully this will included in the near...
No, I'm afraid it is not almost certainly false. If you bother to have a quick look at the Australian web site www.apple.com.au and check out the iOS6 preview, you'll see a noted difference with the American and UK versions. Specifically, the Turn-by-turn feature is not mentioned and the images have been modified to have the turn-by-turn details removed. Apple will not go to this trouble for nothing. If they've taken it out of advertising it almost certainly means that...
I love the idea of all the map changes and especially the turn by turn feature, which has to be the biggest draw card for purchasing a new iPhone. Unfortunately, while many countries are getting turn by turn, Australia is not. So I can't see a major reason to upgrade at this time. The 4s is near as dammit, almost as good.
Yes that's funny as Jobs has over 100 million shares in Disney I believe. A bit of a discrepancy in voting strength right there.
People here a making a lot of noise about the timing of the call by Steve Jobs asking for the phone back. People here are making a lot of noise about the fact that SJ had to prove it was his phone. I think everyone is forgetting that Gizmodo already admitted they knew the owner. In the original (and all actually) article Gizmodo posted showing the prototype, they state that this IS the new iPhone, that this IS the prototype. I'm not a lawyer, but that sounds like an...
Normally if it was a real apple, the pictures would have been pulled by Apple. Which might mean it was a fake, Unless it was an intended leak by Apple ???? What is the effect of an intended leak? We're not hearing much about flash in the news? We're not hearing much about developer issues and the new SDK in the news? Are there any other Apple problems we're not hearing much about? It's also really beating up the expectation that only a rumor mill could for...
I find this article extremely interesting and would like to see constructive comments on it. But I find it annoying that the ony person who is extemely negative is you. And that all 6 posts you've done seem to be on this topic. Interesting.