or Connect

Posts by TomMcIn

Another article quoting "has beens" and "speculators". Maybe the NYT would like to list all of the outstanding innovations they have made without any problem. You can likely list them between the following two periods. .
I wonder what all the complaining Map companies looked like days after they came out. I still find 5 mile errors in Google Maps and let them know so they can make the maps better. Suspect Motorola expects the same courtesy. The nice thing about starting anew is that Apple is not tied to years of code that hinder improvements. And there are ways to access Google Maps when Apple's is not quite right.
If HP lost $8B in the last quarter, how long can they sustain the development of these devices that have a vague market at best? How will they be that different from what iOS and Android supply now? What countries, cities, towns, villages, hamlets or outposts will these be sold in? If they are inexpensive enough for the poor countries, will there be enough margin to keep the HP division that builds them from being a cost center? This project seems to fail the smell test.
They had the money to give that dumb a$$ CAO a buyout after he wasted eons chasing a hockey team. He should have been watching Apple instead. Now 5000 employees are no longer available to contribute. And no indication of why anyone would wait around for a BB10.
But is not everything going to be smaller?
I bought my 17" to get the screen size when working away from my dual screen desktop system.  The pixel density is more than enough and retina would be nice but far from essential.  The 15" retina will look sharp but are there enough square inches to support all the great image editing software.  Only time will tell.  An upgrade of the existing model would have been my preferred choice until the resources can support a 17" retina.
And their ex CEO did not even end up with a second rate hockey team after spending all the good time, effort and money.  Dumb.
Products can come to market much faster when the analysis and design work, market testing and prototypes are done for them by someone else.  Wonder where HTC would be if they had to start from scratch.
The only thing I think the Russians can offer is related to viruses and other forms of attacks.  Maybe it is better to have them inside the tent p---ing out.
Shysters and idiots make a sick combination. They tie up resources that could be used for worthwhile projects.     When will the courts force the losers to pay for their waste of court time and the costs incurred by the companies they attack.