or Connect

Posts by TomMcIn

Many of these law suits would not be filed if the plaintiff had to pay the defendants legal costs should the courts not find for the plaintiff. Many of these cases are started on the speculation of having the defendant pay up as it is cheaper than fighting the charge. As a result we all pay while shysters grow rich.
RIM will take a loss on every unit but will make it up in volume. I will wait for the next generation of iPad before considering a purchase.
If a so called patent holder has not produced a product with realistic sales near the time that another company does, they should have their cases thrown out of court and be made to pay the defendants legal bills. The idea that they can have some vague idea on paper and get paid for sitting on it is ridiculous and costing all consumers in terms of the cost of legal fees.
More like they put it over the head of unscrupulous developers.
I got my first iPhone about a week ago and use the Fido network in Canada. If I avoid touching the bottom left divider, I get 3 or so bars. If I press the divider, it drops to 1 bar and sometimes I get a No Network message. I have a case on order. I am very pleased with all the other aspects of the iPhone and marvel at how the world has changed from when I started using computers with an IBM 1620, a Selectric typewriter and paper tape in 1961. Tom
After writing the article and getting this feedback, it is too bad WSJ has not taken the opportunity to clarify their position - unless they realized they don't have a position worth defending. They should come out from under their rock and make specific points or retract their original comments.
Quality work takes time, especially with new products. If the ad agencies want to continue dolling out sloppy ads, I suppose they can put them on Google or an Android. Apple works hard to include quality in all it does. They may not always be perfect but they are most often much better than "good enough".
That's assuming they were able to get the right calculation in Excel and they did not have to worry about some VB Macro virus sneaking into your spread sheet.
Is it necessary to get two 6-core processors initially or can I get one 6-core now and install a second if I need it? I run a G5 PPC with a GeekBench of 1888 and looking for something at least 5 times more powerful. Would like to consider SSD in place of extra processors initially.
How much of the supposedly extreme price increase of Apple Products in England is due to Apple and how much is due to the taxes required to maintain their lifestyle? In Canada, we have the option of buying the product across the line and paying our 12% HST when we bring it back. The pond makes that a little harder for the English.