or Connect

Posts by djmikeo

How can the Surface "suffice" on longer business trips without cellular connectivity? At least you can buy any model iPad with cellular. And, there are hundreds of thousands of applications currently available for the iPad. There isn't even a native Facebook app. (Although it did take quite a while for the iPad version to appear as well).
Apple causes some of their own grief. I just got my IP5 last night and upon REALLY close inspection. There are a lot of nicks on the edge. If Apple hadn't made the video showing the method that the phone's bezel was made, it would be a non-issue. However, they make it sound like you are buying a Rolex. And now we are expecting that kind of precision. Maybe Apple should lower the hype a bit, as well as the stringent production standard. More people would have an iPhone 5 in...
It will be interesting to see how the keyboard cover holds up. If you are not using the keyboard and just the tablet, then the keyboard cover would be folded back behind the tablet with the keyboard laying down on whatever surface the tablet is laid on. I know you can detach it, but the cover is also a "smart cover" that turns the tablet on/off. I have a gen-1 ipad and when I use an iPad2 or newer, the cover is a really nice feature. Also, the RT version that is included...
  Yeah, but OS X is doing the same thing. Hidden controls are a bit frustrating at first. I had a friend use my iMac which has the magic pad. He could not get the scroll arrows to un-hide when moving the cursor to the edge. I thought it is a bit odd too. It will only pop up when you use the two finger scroll, but not if you move the cursor to the edge. Now if you turn off the magic pad and use your mouse, the scroll marker re-appears. I guess at least that's helpful. But...
Coming from Microsoft, this isn't a bad commercial. The school girls are really creepy though. It seems like MS is trying to make the keyboard cover a unique idea, and it actually is not bad. Except it can only be used when the tablet is sitting on a table. You really cannot use the tablet, with the keyboard and the "kickstand" on your lap. So, it's the world's most portable desktop device.
I'm starting to feel a little envious when I see Android commercials and Windows 8 videos with true multifunction features. The split screen feature seems really cool. Also the ability to watch a video on one half and read your email on the other is pretty cool too. On the other hand, I suppose this is a big drain on battery life and may not be an often used feature, especially on a phone. But it could be useful on a tablet. Speaking of battery life, wouldn't it be cool,...
That's a lot of free storage that I can't really use because the iDisk feature is gone. I miss it a lot. I often have to send 100 meg files to others and doing it thru email isn't practical. I have to use dropbox, which works well, but those large files start to eat up my free account allotment with dropbox. I've tried skydrive (M-soft) but it has some glitches. Apple, please give us the ability to have some true dropbox type of file syncing like everyone else. Not just...
So adjusted for inflation, Microsoft's $258B current market cap is actually closer to $200B compared to it's peak cap?
I know that there are a lot of cheap, knock-off tablets out there, but selling nearly 4 million of them (other) just doesn't seem realistic. I'm betting that the true number is less than half of that.
  Wow, I just noticed that each tile is a jab at Microsoft. Look carefully.BoB, Clippy, Balmer's Monkey Boy pose, MS stock down, IE turns into Chrome, MS earns another quarterly loss. the alarm clock goes backwards, the email tile says spam. And one has Steve Jobs with an iPad. I am not sure if the poster knew these were all there, but it's really funny.