or Connect

Posts by djmikeo

Change the name of the site to Apple OUTsider. C'mon guys, slow news day? Even if it's true it's not worth spreading. If he is gay, I hope he comes out professionally, but it should be on his terms. Do you have Perez Hilton writing articles now?
Apple is buying component that the competition "needs" in order to stay competitive with Apple. Aluminum, liquid metal, carbon fiber and such aren't those components because the competition can easily find inexpensive substitutions that the buyer is not concerned with. Most buyers are really knowledgeable about the difference between regular plastic and carbon fiber, so the advantage that Apple may have in that area would not prevent the competition from building a cheaper...
Apple has been well known to place huge orders of components that create shortages for other manufacturers. Flash memory is a component that is likely to be a blister on the feet of the competitors for the tablet race of 2011. Ever notice how many Android phones do not contain much built in memory? It's likely due to supply and costs. Looking at the isuppli cost estimates for the iPad. on a 32g iPad, the memory cost, at $59.00 is second only to the display. It would seem...
Microsoft should just call it the "Napp Store" because that's what they have been doing for the last 5 years.
Doing a little checking based on isuppli estimates, the cost for the current ATT iPhone4 radio made by inferion is $11.72. The cost for the cdma radio on a droid incredible, made by Qualcomm is $5. Both of these are cost estimates, but It seems like the CDMA chip is actually less expensive than the ATT iPhone4 chip. Even if it were more expensive, there is no way that it would be $20-30 more in costs. That would make it as expensive as the display or memory.
They kind of already did that once. Good reference !
Microsoft did not develop it. It is licensed from an Israeli company, PrimeSense. Supposedly Apple had first crack, but was not easy to deal with. http://www.cultofmac.com/how-apple-a...ntroller/67951 . I'm sure Microsoft did a lot of work, making it work with their Xbox, and Zune market place, but it's not their technology. Apple, however, has developed everything on the iPad. It created the hardware and iOS, and software except for iTunes, which was bought from Cassady...
My understanding is that the communication chips that power "4G" are more power hungry than 3g chips. In fact, I think that the sprint EVO has a setting to disable 4g in order to achieve longer battery life. If the RIM Playbook is already having difficulty achieving 6 hours of battery life in it's current state, I would think that adding 4G would seriously shorten the life of the unit's use while being mobile. Flash Apps, Flash Web Content and 4G are all going to hurt...
As Mentioned last Summer, Microsoft is/was paying developers to develop applications for the WP7. Not to mention that M-Soft has given developers free phones to help them develop the applications for the os. SO now we know where 5,000 phones went, and how the developers were "bribed" to produce applications in order to make it appear that M-Soft is having rapid acceptance from developers. http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...e_7_games.html
It actually is a pretty awesome feature. I don't have to be in front of Atv to control what is playing on it. In fact, I have better results using the remote app to control the computer with itunes and "pushing" it to the Atv than I do using Atv to retrieve the information from the computer. Sometimes it lags when "loading" the media. Also now I can be in front of my TV with my Mac Mini Media Center, pause the movie, go to my bedroom and resume the movie on my Atv. Pretty...