or Connect

Posts by djmikeo

It actually is a pretty awesome feature. I don't have to be in front of Atv to control what is playing on it. In fact, I have better results using the remote app to control the computer with itunes and "pushing" it to the Atv than I do using Atv to retrieve the information from the computer. Sometimes it lags when "loading" the media. Also now I can be in front of my TV with my Mac Mini Media Center, pause the movie, go to my bedroom and resume the movie on my Atv. Pretty...
Blackberry models are often included in a BOGO promotion. In fact, Verizon is currently offering discounts, rebates and BOGO on all but one model, the Storm2. You can buy a Blackberry for as low as $49, and get another one free. I'm told that the handset maker still receives the full $ amount for the phone and the carrier subsidizes the free phone. It takes a little under a year for them to recoup the costs of the free phone. Now, my guess is that Verizon is doing a...
" DO as I say, NOT as I DO!"
If this really makes it out of vaporware status and becomes real, I don't think it will be any threat to Apple's iPhone. Instead, it would be one of the few Android phones that would stand out from all of the others. It could be a viable product that could become a big threat to HTC, Moto, Samsung and others. Sony would have many advantages that Apple enjoys, including making the PSP software, the game controllers and APIs, software distribution channels, and most...
I've done this and it makes a huge difference. As I understand it, if you use "Click to Flash", the website thinks you are using flash, as it does load, just somehow doesn't run. If you get rid of Flash altogether, then when you visit the site, you get static advertisements, less to download and the site will not assume you enjoy using Flash. The trick that Gruber uses to activate Chrome works great. Adobe flash is no longer on my laptop, and Chrome seems to do a good job...
I'm a big Apple fan, but I am actually glad that RIM "appears" to have a nice product getting ready to be released and that they have some apparently quick browser features compared to the current iPad. I always like competition. If Android was not around, we still would probably be missing multi-tasking and copy and paste. Healthy competition will insure that Apple will continue to improve their products to be the best in class. This is how a competitive market should...
It's really hard to tell how the os looks, since most of the video does not show it. The browser looks interesting. The commercial does not show the device until the end, so all of the "screen shots" are rendered and it's difficult to tell how it looks and acts on the playbook itself. I think the name is pretty clever, actually. I may be wrong, but it seems every iphone/ipad competitor's commercials all say screen image simulated, yet I never see it on an Apple...
I believe you meant iPhoto '11 in the headline, instead of iPhone '11
That would mane a great Window phone 7 commercial.
Agreed. I have never been an early adopter for anything. I tend to always wait for (at least) version 2. I remember when all those people bought an early iPhone and then the priced dropped dramatically just a few months later. Yeah, Apple gave them credits, but they still had to spend that money with Apple. I may be wrong, but I suspect a lot of people are taking the same position in waiting for Version 2. There is little doubt that the iPad will be a blockbuster hit this...