or Connect

Posts by djmikeo

Wow, I just noticed that each tile is a jab at Microsoft. Look carefully.BoB, Clippy, Balmer's Monkey Boy pose, MS stock down, IE turns into Chrome, MS earns another quarterly loss. the alarm clock goes backwards, the email tile says spam. And one has Steve Jobs with an iPad. I am not sure if the poster knew these were all there, but it's really funny.
OK, this is definitely  a Steve A.D. deal, as Steve would never allow this to happen. I'm actually really glad to see this happen as I can now watch Hulu in my bedroom. I'm almost ready to kill my Netflix subscription once I get in all of my Breaking Bad episodes. Hulu just seems more reasonable, even with the adverts. I spend 7 or 8 bucks for the DVR feature and this more than makes up for the ability to record. Plus I can go back and watch episodes from long ago.
There have been several times where I wish my Apple TV would send sound to my iPhone so I can plug my headphone in and not bother others. Kind of like reverse AirPlay.
In the past, Windows mobile phones were business phones. But today, it's the consumer friendly phones like the iPhones and Androids (aka Samsung) that are selling. The WP7 phones are a bit like your corporate boss wearing skinny jeans trying to be cool. And people aren't buying it, literally. The Metro interface has some nice features, but needs some toning down of the tile colors. Looks juvenile. Or maybe have themes that can be changed according to taste. (this may...
No, but those phones are 4 years or older. The Lumina is Nokia's Flagship Windows 7 phone that was released just months ago and it is now obsolete and can't upgrade to Window phone 8. Why would you spend any money on this phone and be locked in for 2 years? Nokia should had left the price the same, but allowed for an upgrade in 1 year for a moderate fee, say $100 and the cost of the new phone. Of course, that's the carrier's decision, since they're doing the...
It's even worse for PCs than that, because Macs are also PCs and are included in the PC growth trend. So the 5.7% decline is actually up to 10% if you take the Macs out of the mix. I recalculated the numbers that Gartner used, but also showed the results without the inclusion of Apple Macs. And in actuality, there is nearly a 15% spread in growth between Apple Macs and non-Macs. I'm guessing other os machines such as Linux are included in the...
   No, I think it will be an iPad mini and run apps in the iPad style. This means it would have the extended features that the iPad apps do, such as mail, Music, Facebook, etc. Plus, the iPod touch would still be a great gym type device, since a 7"+ iPod Touch would be impractical for sports use.
The file won't be corrupt as long as you remember to save the file on either computer when you are done working on it. If you start working on an Excel spreadsheet in Mac, but leave the file open, then an hour later decide to work on the same file on your pc and save it, and then a few hours later you go back to your mac and quit Excel and save the same file. This would cause confusion in the file data and your file would probably be corrupted, or at the very least, would...
  You can't call the first statement a fact because you have no idea what the pricing will be. The Surface RT could be priced at $799 and that would not really be the "exact" same market. Also, since the Surface does not have LTE available, once again it isn't the exact same market. Unless they also buy an iPad and use it's hot spot feature to give the Surface WiFi access.   If anything the Surface RT would be in a similar market as the iPad.