or Connect

Posts by djmikeo

Except the iPOD touch is an iPOD, so it's very portable. You can jog with it, go to the gym with it, ride your bike with it, just put it in a pocket or armband and you're set. How silly will you look with a 7" tablet strapped to your arm at the gym. Also, the iPOD touch has a rear camera, which the Nexus 7 does not have. Not to mention it syncs perfectly with your other iOS and MAC OSX devices. I think you're short changing the advantages that the touch has. You can...
If this is true, it will backfire on Microsoft. They are showing a prototype that isn't practical, will not be able to be reasonably priced due to economies of scale and is nothing more than a Halo device that other manufactures won't be able to duplicate at a reasonable price.    It's not practical because it will likely have poor battery life, it can't be used as a laptop, just look at the side profile photo and try to imagine using that on your lap. If they aren't...
I'm not a germaphobe, but international flights, food, and touch screens sounds like a recipe for a very good sci -fi movie.
  Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. By my calculations, 100% would equal 21.673 million total units sold. That means the rest of the vendors sold 4.573 million units. That is an awfully high unit amount. I just can not see the remaining vendors selling that amount of tablets. I'd like to see the complete list.
To the person that didn't know what RT meant.    There will be two types of tablets.  One that uses intel chips, and will use Windows 8. Those tablets will supposedly be able to run current windows software. RT tablets will use the ARM chips. They will not be able to run current windows software. Only updated windows 8/metro software. Confused?   I can't remember what RT really stands for though.
  I was thinking the same thing, but you brought up even more points. I knew about the brittle aspect.
Every time I see a Ultrabook commercial I think of this.  
It is interesting that Apple have already sold more iPads in the first quarter than Google had predicted all Android tablets for the whole 2012 year.
I was thinking the same thing.
I guess what I get out from this is if I had bought an equal about of shares of Google and Apple a year ago, the Apple shares would be worth a whole lot more. Consider 100 shares of each. 4/06/2011 Google closed at 474.18 or $47418 Today? $63232 or $15,814 increase in value Apple closed at 338.04 or $33804 Today? $63368 or $29,564 increase in value And my Apple portfolio is now worth more than my Google portfolio.