or Connect

Posts by djmikeo

I guess what I get out from this is if I had bought an equal about of shares of Google and Apple a year ago, the Apple shares would be worth a whole lot more. Consider 100 shares of each. 4/06/2011 Google closed at 474.18 or $47418 Today? $63232 or $15,814 increase in value Apple closed at 338.04 or $33804 Today? $63368 or $29,564 increase in value And my Apple portfolio is now worth more than my Google portfolio.
Yes you can, depending on the app. I do it often with the Flipboard app. It's a great feature. And you can use several apps without sacrificing memory. If I have several browser windows open on my mac, I'll find that over time my memory gets low due to all of the adverts being downloaded, etc. I then have to close widows or just restart my browser.
When using your girlfriend's phone, go to Contacts and select you. Then at the bottom push "send Message". Select MOBILE and then all of those messages will go to your Android phone. I don't think they will show up on your Messages app on your Mac though.Oh and another solution is to create a second contact for you, such as Bob Jones and Bob Jones Mac. That way when she gets a message from you she will immediately know which source you are sending from. She could also...
First of all, I hate to admit it, but I appreciate the frank honesty that Joe Belfiore has to publicly admit this. I am not sure how SB feels about him saying it, but I'm glad that someone at MS had the guts to admit it. I'm betting that the upper management was in denial of the iPhone's success, while those working in the mobile OS division understood early on that the iPhone was a game changer. Rim is going thru the same thing. The employees and lower management are...
I'm pretty sure that macismac was being sarcastic.
I love how a lot of these comment sections get completely sidetracked from the main article. The article stated "According to a source familiar with Apple's plans, the company plans to begin operating Apple-branded areas within 25 larger Target stores in locations which can't support a standalone Apple Store." So, it's just a couple of dozen stores where there isn't an Apple store in the area. I don't see a problem with this. Essentially, Apple is just providing a...
Haha @dasanman69: good point!! But then I thought of the Win7 Phones.
@DeanSolecki, That was pretty funny. But in regards to dying industries, this isn't happening, it's just shifting from the professionals to the common man. The internet and the digital devices we can now affordably purchase allow the common man to now make movies, produce music, become journalists, photographers, writers and artists. And the line between the professional and the amatuer is getting pretty blurred. Even this article was probably not written by a...
I hate to say this, but it seems to be another company that has suffered because of the iPhone, and other phones that have followed. The convenience of being able to take photos or movies at any time with your phone outweighs the professional features that stand alone cameras offer. Even Annie Leivobitz stated in November that the iPhone is "The snapshot camera of today" and praised the iPhone. When people ask her what camera she recommends, she says the iPhone 4s. I...
I was thinking the same thing. What do 19,000 employees do? That's crazy! Should be more like 1900. If that.