or Connect

Posts by djmikeo

Two years ago, Microsoft spent $400 million dollars in marketing the KIN. The phone was discontinued after 48 days. I am not sure how well this marketing money will convince the public that the WIN7 phones are desirable . I hate to say this, but Microsoft has lost it's cool factor. You just can't buy that. I think the Microsoft name has lost a lot of appeal to consumers. It's going to take a long time to get that changed, as I believe most people associate Microsoft with...
In order for the case to attach it uses magnets and the tablet has to have certain spots for the magnets to attach. So the Samsung tablet must had been designed with the ability to allow for a 'smart cover" to attach. This feature was patented by Apple. I don't know if the Samsung tablet will turn on/off by the smart cover as well, but I am guessing that Apple patented this feature as well.
I am one of those that will probably stop buying digital cameras. I had a really nice Lumix camera that was recently lost on a trip. I was really sad and thought that I would need to drop another $200-$300. I then thought about it and realized that I rarely used the camera anymore since I now own a iPhone4. I did use the camera for real estate purposes, but I hire a professional photographer now for my brochures, etc. It's been 3 months since I lost the Lumix and I haven't...
Why do I hear creaking noises when I look at the picture of the HP.
Exactly. Why spend money to build the building, etc, when you just buy the product and cause a supply shortage for your competitors. Also, by having several suppliers, Apple have the power to leverage down the prices due to competition. Apple has never had a problem dropping a suppler due to finding a lower priced and better quality supplier or because of a change in technology. In fact I remember when Apple dropped a suppler for the iPOD (I believe) when Apple heard that...
I was going to suggest the same thing. Just make a MAC.
As many have said in this forum, Apple concentrates on the hardware. The iTunes store's sole purpose is to support and ad value to it's hardware, starting with the iPod. They didn't build the iPod to sell more (low profit) song, they built the iTunes Store to sell more (high profit) iPods. Amazon appears to be making little profit on the hardware, and is possibly losing money. Then they are hoping that these owners will buy the content to help gain back some of their...
Like others have said, yes, in a way they do. They tell their component suppliers that we want the finest you can make and the best price you can do it for and we will pay for everything in advance. We will also pay or finance any expenditures that you may need to get the level of quality and quantity we need. And, you won't have to worry about making items that will be stockpiling in your warehouse because we discontiued our item 6 weeks after we introduce it.
Very true, unless, Apple made a MacBook Air with both an INTEL and an ARM CPU. Imagine having the power of the intel chip, but the very low power usage of the ARM chip. You could surf the web, read email and do all of the iOS app things with the ARM chip, then if you need photoshop, or Excel, you can somehow invoke the Intel Chip. Sounds odd, but they have already done this exact thing with the GPUs. Remember Grand Central? The feature in Snow Leopard that Apple states "...
Actually, this may have happened, because the 9.2 million iPads sold were for the Apri-June quarter, and this was when there was the "mother of all backlogs" according to TIm Cook. While, RIMM's reported quarter is June- August. So, if we compare Apples most recent quarter that is about to end in 2 weeks, we may indeed see that iPads sales have exceeded Blackberry phone sales.