or Connect

Posts by djmikeo

Except the model that is on Amazon is a 16G 3Gs and is sold by a third party, not by Amazon themselves. There are no reviews on it, so I am not sure if it is actually selling. Also, it is hard to tell if this is a jailbroken model or not, as it is referred to as "Unlocked" The model that AT&T currently sells, subsidized for $49 is an 8G model. AT&T doesn't show the non-contract price on the website, so it's hard to tell what the retail price is.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Meaning that Android has 38% of all smartphones in use, Apple has 27%, Rim has 21% and WinMo has 9%. This is a percentage of all smartphones that are currently in use.
I'd almost agree with you, except, that didn't happen when Apple introduced lower priced models of the iPod, starting with the iPod Mini. As long as the quality of the phone is in keeping with Apple's strict standards, this should not be a problem. This would be a great thing for teenagers, as I'm gonna guess that they may lose or damage phones more often, although I am just speculating, and this would make a less expensive replacement than $650. Then again, I don't see a...
Why is the author making poor comparisons of hardware costs and licensing fees which are two completely different items? Sure, the iDock licensing fees are only $1 - $4, but that is just the license. It doesn't include the cost of the components and chips needed to make the ipod compatible device. Likewise, the airplay licensing fee may be only a couple of bucks, so in reality, the cost to license may be similar. Why doesn't AI actually do a little digging to provide more...
I'm really bothered by the keychain syncing being lost. This is truly a fantastic feature as I have 4 macs and the keychain syncing feature is indispensable. If I change a password for a website on one machine, it will automatically have the info on another machine when I am on the road, out of town. I hope Apple reconsiders this valuable feature.
What! Are you in junior high? I'm a bit offended by your post.
There are many suggestions posted about which companies Apple should buy, but frankly, most of those companies do not bring any "forward" thinking into Apples's camp. Apple is now a mobile company. The iPhone and iPad are the big money makers now, and I'm sure Apple has more magical things in the pipeline that will also be mobile. iCloud is allowing our devices to sync pretty much anywhere in the world. The only problem is that the iDevices need to connect by either wifi...
I just checked out the Brazilian Apple Store (online) and the cost for the 16g iPad2 there is $1033.04 when converted from Real to Dollars.Those tariffs sure do add up! If the iPad2 is produced in Brazil and the tariffs are removed, then the price will be much more reasonable and sales will surely skyrocket. This will give Apple a huge advantage against all other imported tablets that will face the steep tariffs. I wonder if Apple has some exclusive agreement with Foxconn...
That was TOO funny. Great play on words!
It seems like Lodsys is "double dipping" as it is receiving money from Apple and now wants it from the developers for the same transaction. It would be like both a seller and buyer paying for sales tax. Another blessing in disguise might be that Apple requires all purchases to happen "in-app" so a developer has no choice to use an alternate method. Since this is the only way for a developer to have a purchase, then Lodsys should had known this when they licensed the...