or Connect

Posts by djmikeo

That's actually pretty funny!!!
Sometimes I get the feeling that Apple are a little too obsessed with style, rather then function. The iPhone4 is a really nice phone, touted as the slimmest phone when it was released. Unfortunately, the squared edges and flat back actually make it much harder to hold than the older iPhone3. The iP3 curved back would allow for more surface contact with the palm, and it would not slip out of the hand very easily. The iPhone4 has less contact area, at least with my hands,...
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that having to hold the same ctrl-alt-delete keys that are used to force quit, end tasks etc are still being used after 20 plus years. It just seems that Microsoft can not break away from the past. Couldn't they just use the "Windows" key to log in?
I'm seeing in my real estate office. We have over 500 agents and now I see a good 20% using macs in their office while before there were just a couple. Our office staff is also using macs while last year, there were none.
This doesn't make a lot of sense. When the Verizon iPhone was release, there were good sales, but not tremendous, because there is pent up demand for the next model, and a lot of people didn't want to buy something that potentially would be outdated in a few months. So if Apple is just doing a very minor update, but adding more carriers, those buyers would be buying something that they'd be locked into for 2 years, while the next major iPhone update would be less than a...
There is a good chance that many iPad buyers are no longer interested in netbooks, which truly was a "fad" for the last few years. Since "NPD found that 75 percent of consumers who purchased an iPad "had no intentions of buying anything else...."" I would suspect that buyers no longer even have netbooks on their possible consideration, while a year ago, iPad buyers had once considered buyer a netbook, but elected to go with the iPad instead. It just means that buyers have...
Actually, it should be the other way around. Microsoft announced that they would make a $150 million INVESTMENT on August, 6th 1997. On that date, Apple's stock was worth $6.58, so Microsoft had received about 22,796,352 shares. Apple's stock did a 2:1 split in February 2005 so assuming they still own the stock, they now have almost 45.6 million shares. At today's closing price of $346.75, that means Microsoft would have over $15.8 BILLION in Apple Stock. So Mr. Gate,...
Apple should let RIM buy the Nortel patents for 900+ million, then Apple can buy RIM and it's patents for 600 million in about 2 years.
It seems that both sides have valid points. I actually like the aqua look, but I may end up liking the lion look once I use it enough. I also have to admit, that although I believe I like Aqua more, I do find myself liking Apple Insider's muted web look. It is pleasing and without many distractions (except for all of the Xoom advertisements.) It would be really nice if Apple allowed us to have the option of keeping the Aqua theme in System Preference if one desires it, but...
Well, the hockey puck could be the trend in computing, and it seems the iPad is where it will be going, so using an iPad as a controller-input device would be really cool. It would also make a nice little monitor out in the field.The future iPads are only going to be more powerful and Apple seems to have a nice edge in tablet graphics. I bet it could be pretty interesting in the next few years. What if the iPad's gyro could be used for controlling viewing angles in a CGI...