or Connect

Posts by Goldenclaw

We can't have a revisionist history out of worry of offending someone. A historical app should not feel pressured to change this content.
I think Steve Job said this in one of his keynotes, the killer app was the ability to make phone calls  
 That isn't what I said at all, "son".
Honestly I don't want one and I work with a lot of early adopters and none of them want one. No one is talking about it. It truly seems like a device for athletes or the wealthy.   It's probable that this device is a required stepping stone to more advanced technology, like (as I have said before) solar cells embedded in the surface to help get this thing power, more efficient battery cells, etc.   I don't doubt that Apple will eventually make this a winner. It's...
 Context check…the original MBA had Micro-DVI which required an adapter, and one USB port. Ever try to do a presentation and find a Micro-DVI adapter?They quickly revised this model to include 2 USB ports and a Mini DisplayPort, to be more usable and more in line with other adapters offered by other Apple products.
I'll just say that this isn't (and shouldn't be) about hiring practices. It needs to be about providing all people education early on so that they are on equal footing. This is why you see a number of pre-school initiatives in states to try and close the achievement gap.   People from all backgrounds need equivalent exposure to educational opportunities.   Then, when hiring, the candidate pool will be more equal in their qualifications. Right now it feels like if we...
 Agreed. Shame on you AppleInsider.
One aspect that I think is important is that due to the age of the technology in question, the computers are no longer relevant. When these machines were relevant, Apple did not step up and make these repairs free of charge. With the time lapse, the cost to Apple is no doubt significantly less. As a result, those who suffered this problem should be entitled to an equivalent new computer.
I worked in advertising. I've never really liked the practice of showing someone else's product in an ad. It's like free advertising for them (in this case, Apple).   Look at a couple really successful ad campaigns for Apple:   1. 1984. Didn't show a PC, but showed PC users as miserable drones.   2. "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC". Didn't show a PC, but represented a PC user as being an uncool business type.   In this ad for a Microsoft product, we are seeing a MacBook Air...
 Will it call the police when you get mugged for wearing an easily recognizable $5000 watch?