or Connect

Posts by Goldenclaw

I worked in advertising. I've never really liked the practice of showing someone else's product in an ad. It's like free advertising for them (in this case, Apple).   Look at a couple really successful ad campaigns for Apple:   1. 1984. Didn't show a PC, but showed PC users as miserable drones.   2. "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC". Didn't show a PC, but represented a PC user as being an uncool business type.   In this ad for a Microsoft product, we are seeing a MacBook Air...
 Will it call the police when you get mugged for wearing an easily recognizable $5000 watch?
Well, they just destroyed any interest I had in the film. I can't stand Seth Rogen.   Having seen and talked to Woz in person I can't understand why that casting choice was made.
I'd like to ask an obvious question.   Why is this not solar powered? Solar cells can easily be placed under certain surfaces, like the black borders on screens.   How do I know this? My current solar powered watch.   Even if you are only able to fit a few photovoltaic cells, carrying it around with you should allow for a significant amount of power recharging or at the least minimize the DAILY charging requirement.   Sorry Apple but this Revision 1 of your watch...
 Oh, iCloud allows me to save 50GB media files and does so faster than a hard drive? I did not know that! Thanks for clearing that up.
"Breached" is certainly an interesting choice of words. They must be secretly referring to the security problems in LA with allowing iOS updates and the removal of mobileconfig profiles.
They had to make it free. MacOS segmentation was just killing us in IT. Now to find out what's compatible and what's not...
Ouch.
Those of you in the past few news items who have claimed it was IT's fault need to learn a bit.   Apple currently lets any MDM be deleted despite the passcode setting.    Apple does not give ability to prevent OS updates. Student updates OS, device no longer supervised for those who had it set up to be supervised.   It's sort of ridiculous, really. These are glaring holes.
 I mentioned this in the other post about LA schools, but there is a hole (bug?) in how Apple implemented MDM. There are two profiles installed with an MDM and while one is passcoded and can't be removed, the main one issued by the MDM company is easily removed with the click of the button. And when you remove that profile, both profiles are removed. This is a problem that Apple needs to fix. It's not the fault of any admin.