or Connect

Posts by september11th

2015 can't come soon enough.
Agreed. I love the iPhone, but the amount they charge per month for this (and most smartphones) is making it not really worth it anymore.. People don't talk on the phone as much anymore.. Texts are incredibly cheap on ATT's end.. Wifi hotspots are more common.. I don't use much 3G data.. It's crazy how much people have to pay to keep up with technology. I want a smartphone for what it can do as a pocket computer, not necessarily as a super high end phone service. After...
Great news, I'm very excited for this. I've been pretty hesitant with all the streaming music services, but from what I've heard, this is one of the best. I'm not really into what google has done with manual uploads and favoring android, and I don't think Apples strategy is a true 'streaming' service. But with Spotify's desktop program, it sounds like a better option than Rdio. I don't listen to the radio, and it's been harder to find new music, but with the abilty to...
I don't expect FCP7 users to switch to Adobe or FCPX in the near future, but as of now Apple is no longer supporting FCP7. The problem is, there is no guarantee at all that Apple will truly fix FCPX and give it all the features it used to have. The choice to close it down so much was deliberate, and while they will put some things back, it may never be good enough for the same market. Adobe is still supporting and improving what they have, which is not bad. FCPX was...
I was thinking about this today. Going from FCP7 to FCPX is a major change, literally asking everyone to relearn a new editing program. It is not FCP, it is simply a new program. Had another company put this out, it would likely fail. Adobe Premiere is more similar to FCP7 than FCPX is.. and having been a FCP user for many years, if I had to choose one right now, I would go to Adobe. Their production suite is now a better solution than FCPX. Even if they add some of...
To be nitpicky on these things, those bigger notifications on the homescreen are pretty ugly with the glossy bubble. To me it looks like design from windows vista, or the old design I thought they were getting away from. Design today is more about straight lines, flat tones, like when you see the list on the homescreen.. It's more elegant. I wish they would unify some of their design choices. That metallic iCloud icon is straight up ugly. Not sure what they're thinking....
I'm curious how the manual wireless sync will work and how the untethered iPhone appears in itunes. And does this mean you'll be able to manually drag and drop music to it over wifi? Or only sync / backup? It would be nice if whenever on the same network the phone would simply appear in itunes as a connected device.
Having used FCP for the past 6 years I was optimistic about this release despite the complaints. Just tried it out, and I really, really am not enjoying it. There is a learning curve and I'm just starting to find my way around, but honestly as a whole the interface and ultimately the workflow process just seems miles behind what was previously possible. It feels glossed up and dumbed down. I'm speaking on the prosumer level, not a true pro, not an imovie user. But had this...
The UI seems to be getting pretty inconsistent. I really like the style of the text and buttons in the 'reminders' app, but then you have the pulldown notification bar which looks like odd half metallic half scratchy jean material, the already out of place 'folders' rubber texture, and the old blue popup notification style is still apparently in use.. Hopefully they do some system wide touching up by the time it is released.
Honestly that UI kills iOS. I'm not so sure a full version of windows needs to be on a tablet, and I dont understand how this is meant to be used on a laptop, but the basic layout of the homescreens looks so much cleaner and more functional than ios4, which has pretty much looked the same since 2007. Apple needs to step it up beyond a grid of icons and some widgets.