or Connect

Posts by DrFreeman

Lucky you! My sister tried selling hers and could not do it! Unlucky!
1. Based on this ruling and its translation the feud is over one patent: http://fosspatents.blogspot.com/2012...ls-courts.html2 & 3. Yes it is not uncommon and it is not excessive PROVIDED:that the chip(s) contains several functionalities altogether! In that situation you can negotiate a common package for everything. However this has to be based on FRAND if we are dealing with standard based patents like this one.What I understood from German court translations was the...
He is kind of agreeing for the wrong reasons and I intend to make him agree with me for the right reasons!
Half of your comment is sensible and the other half is not (to an extent) based on the information on the net. You either have access to information that no one else has or you are mixing a few things!Based on the information from FossPatents:Qualcomm did not extend any patents to anyone. They had license to fabricate chips and sell them off. What happens next is that Moto contacted them and asked them (revoking license to sell to Apple) not to sell to Apple only! The...
GG is trying to bend words and create a parallax here that does not exist and is wasting our Friday afternoon.The reason it is double dipping is that the patent in dispute, is used in a chipset fabricated by Qualcomm. When you or Apple or anyone else buys that chipset, a subset of the money is transferred to Motorola as royalty.What Motorola wants is another 2.5% of the total value of an iPhone for using these patents which are in the chipset that qualcomm makes which it...
The number there was used for the sake of calculations and discussion. However it does not mean that it was from thin air! For instance look at the WIFI standard patents and have a look at the letters of assurance. There are 262 patents for this pool:http://standards.ieee.org/about/sasb...pat802_11.html You can also try 3GPP and other similar standard or industry websites for more information on the number of patents.
Thank you for the link however Chrome does not allow it as it is flagged to be duplicate heading!However the point would be that there are a few thousand standard FRAND patents in each phone or laptop (lets assume 1000). Now if we apply the 2.5% to each one of the patents we have to give 2500% of the value of the end product for the FRAND royalty which is not really practical.I am not disputing your comment on the FRAND value being based on the end product value. However...
I am not sure which link you are referring to since there are more70 sources in the footnotes. However the full product rate is only applied in certain industries like material science and pharmaceuticals. This is due to the nature of the products as if you do not use a certain molecule then the whole thing will not work.In the case of electronics, this does not necessarily apply (some companies may be happy to do that! also there may be a branch of electronics which may...
1. Slide to unlock is not what the patent is about, it is the title of the patent. It is a very involved patent and even in Germany, two different regional courts (Munich and Meinheim) came up with two rather different interpretations for it. So read a bit more please on the topic.2. Samsung and MMI are asking for 2.5% of the total end product for using a FRAND patent. Given the FRAND nature of the things, we should find out whether they are seeking the exact or similar...
I think the most annoying thing for me is the size of the space beneath the address bar with/without tabs open. I think it is a waste of valuable space! Apart from that all other features are welcomed!