or Connect

Posts by DrFreeman

Not sure this comment is correct. Earlier versions if iOS had h-cells.plist which contained similar information. The link below provides better information.https://alexlevinson.wordpress.com/2...ing-discovery/
I think the issue is to distinguish between colour and color. No hidden agenda here...
I think one problem that RIM and alike will face in coming months is this: What Next? RIM and others do not have the cash flow & reserve a company like Apple. So in the long run they can come up with a tablet. But their tablet will only be good for a couple of months and they have to release a new version. I am not sure they have enough money to do that! I think Playbook is OK but it is just another product. My advise is this: For current tablet design and specs, the...
The Times in the UK has a similar online plan. £1 for the first month and £8 thereafter. However you get other goodies with it as well. For instance I am getting £1 cinema tickets every Sunday and also half price menus at several restaurants. Dependent on the month you may get other better/worst deals in a range of services: theater, spa treatments etc. Dependent on your lifestyle this may actually turn out to be a good deal. I think NYT would be charging too much...
You are right in that one could use Near Field for RFID however that is not the best use of RFID nor Near Field capabilities. The reason that you can communicate with RFID chips over long distances of several meters, is that it operates in the far field region of the RFID antenna. Have a look at the following page for the formula used in defining the near field and far field regions of an antenna. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraunhofer_distance In the far field your are...
Are you out of your mind! Note: Please understand the difference between NFC and RFID! They are two different things! Your video is also about RFID not NFC.
This can be done and it is done in research environments! I hope Apple introduces this system to the mass market. Pinch of salt: look for distances less than 20-30cm.
If the battery holds, it may be a nice product to have around. But not for me
Campestral greetings from London suburbs!
Excuse Me ! I am a nerd and I dislike Flash........