or Connect

Posts by Messiah

I bet you Quark can't believe their luck right now...   Talk about about being handed a second chance - with a frickin' bow on top!
Dear Apple,   Thanks for making a moral judgement, on my behalf, without my even knowing about it.   Also thanks for deciding for me, which emails I need to see and which I don't, without my even knowing about it.   ---   I wonder how people would feel about the Royal Mail opening all our letters and deciding whether we should see them? Maybe just bin the letters they don't think we should see?
Fantastic - thanks for that!
Hi guys, apologies if this had been covered elsewhere. Does anybody know if the non Retina Display 13inch MacBook Pro is user upgradeable? I note on Apple's technical specs that it says 'Configurable at Apple Store only'. Does this mean that the memory is physically soldered onto the motherboard like the MBA & RD MBP? Or can I still buy an memory upgrade further down the line? Many thanks!
I can't find a Mac mini at any of my local resellers.
I hope they don't go back down the original MacBook Air route and try and sell 'less product' for 'more money'. Remember that debacle? The MBA didn't start to sell in any realistic volume until it was priced correctly.
Today the smart money for businesses is in IP, not manufacture.   I'm not sure how that model can be made to serve society however...
This is a different kettle of fish than the Maps situation.   Maps aren't exclusive. Apple can simply write their own Maps app, and everyone moves on with their lives without skipping a beat.   But YouTube is the benchmark. What if Google decides to play harder-ball and not release a YouTube app? What if Flash content is championed again?   It's one thing to deny Google traffic via the Maps app, but another thing entirely to run the risk of your users being...
When I buy a Mac Pro, how far it is into its life cycle doesn't really bother me - I just want a machine that is absolutely rock solid and proven.   I've done the whole latest generation/early adopter thing, and it was just a massive ball ache.   At this point I'd rather have a 2.5 year old Mac Pro, than a next generation whatever.
The only reason I bought a 17" MacBook Pro was because they didn't do a 19".