or Connect

Posts by Wurm5150

Wish Apple would just go ahead and put NFC on the next iPhone to future proof it. NFC can be used for other than e-wallets..
That Apple tech support rep is about to be fired.. If not, should be.
iPhone 4.1S
I like it.. It's different from all the ads they had in the past. They're selling their people and service this time and not really their product. Highlights and recognizes another important part of Apple's success, their Apple Store employees. Says a lot about how Apple treats its customers..there to help you. I'm sure their retail employees love the ad because for the first time, Apple brags about them.
Jeez, Mary, and Joseph..
[=http://allthingsd.com/20120727/apple-acquires-fingerprint-security-company-authentec-for-356-million/]
Part of the deal is that AuthenTec will become a WHOLLY OWNED SUBSIDIARY OF APPLE.. So no it won't get shutdown just to keep it away from rivals Samsung, Motorola or HP, among others. Apparently Apple is paying another $7M to a team in AuthenTec to do something just for Apple. Apple is paying $20 million for rights to certain patents and then has an option to pay as much as $115 million for other patents it chooses.
Who's responsible for the tasteless skeumorphic crap on iOS and OSX? I'm still scratching my head.. Why? Why would they do such a thing? Now the damn software UI is becoming a complete mismatch with the modern elegant hardware design. May be Jony Ive and his team should design the UI for both OS.
So basically this confirms that the iPhone and iPod Touch are small tablets and not the other way around what people have been saying that the iPad is just a blown up iPhone/iPod Touch..
In China right now, thousands are lining up to apply for job to make iPhones.. Elsewhere around the world in the fall, thousands will be lining up to buy an iPhone..