or Connect

Posts by Realistic

Update: The 99 cent fee has been confirmed to be a result of regulatory fees associated with software updates. The situation is similar to when Apple charged a fee for users to unlock 802.11n functionality with a software update years ago. The Sarbannes-Oxley Act requires that companies charge for significant features added to already-purchased products.
You said you recently decided to go with Apple but then you add four IF statements. The 4 if qualifiers mean you are kidding or lying to yourself and never really decided on squat or you would have already bought.
If you expect the iPad2's sell price to be in the same range it has been in, you had better not expect everything to be upgraded. You won't get more memory, faster processor and a better display for the same price. As it is now the competition has trouble meeting or beating the original iPad specs at its' current price, if iPad2 specs meet or OR God forbid beat the rumored iPad killers specs then it's game over, WINNER APPLE.
Way to go out on limb with this projection. AI reprints it because it can't be wrong.I am so sick of all these rumors AI prints. No matter what Apple does today, tomorrow, next week or next year AI will have reported it at some point, since every possible configuration has been rumored. I wonder what percentage of AI articles are even close to ever being accurate, I'll bet it is below 10%. I just can't wait for the iPad 4 and iPhone 6 rumors to start. AI should change...
You may have predicted the iPhone and the iPad correctly but if you are predicting a plain TV, I will predict you being wrong. If you are predicting a computer with TV capabilities (a doubtful maybe) or a TV with capabilities well beyond today's typical TV which only a company with vision like Apple could deliver then I agree.
When a single model of an Android phone sells half the quantity that the iPhone 4 does then I'll consider your point of view as valid.
First, the lawsuit you refer to never happened. Second, how does Apple's app store have or make any claim over someone else's property? If you bought an iDevice you bought it to use with Apple's app store not somebody else's. If someone bought an iDevice to use with other stores which Apple openly doesn't support then that person is a fool. Don't like Apple's iOS ecosystem then buy another company's product.
There was no lawsuit. "The decision to allow the practice commonly known as "jailbreaking" is one of a handful of new exemptions from a 1998 federal law that prohibits people from bypassing technical measures that companies put on their products to prevent unauthorized use of copyright-protected material. The Library of Congress, which oversees the Copyright Office, reviews and authorizes exemptions every three years to ensure that the law does not prevent certain...
I don't see price fixing in any fashion, if anything I see Apple's policy as a benefit to the consumer. A consumer can shop Apple's store and feel confident that the price they pay will be the best offered.
Your ignorance is showing as there is no racist comment in the post.