or Connect

Posts by ggbrigette

Well, Apple did leave out a lot of features at first, many were added back and in different places. I have come from Pagemaker/InDesign so I expect advanced features to do what I need to do. For books and pamphlets it works perfectly for me. For other users, they could be disappointed that the program isn't an InDesign killer, but the price isn't an InDesign price either.Yes, the best thing is to try the trial version. For me, it ticked almost all of the boxes that I was...
I found out about it because I am on their mailing list for Flux. There is a trial download, which I got immediately. I liked it right away, I like the organizational aspects, they are similar to Aperture, the adjustment section is good as well. They have geo-location, face recognition and photos can be sent to an app of your choice for more work and the changes get saved in Emulsion. I feel like this app is what Aperture would be if Apple had updated it. I know that...
I have been using Pages to create books for authors who are submitting their books to CreateSpace (amazon) for publishing as well as for ebooks. I use it for creating flyers and newsletters for the businesses I work for. What I like most about it is that the authors can make edits using the online interface and they can be Windows users and it doesn't matter. Tracking changes for book publishing is a nightmare beyond nightmare, and I refuse to do edits, I do layout only so...
I am not Phil, but I have been testing the Serif Affinity products recently. I am also a freelance designer with small businesses as my client base. I am also a long time user of Adobe products, way back to when Aldus still owned Pagemaker. I do not have the budget to spend on the Cloud subscription, I need more than one Adobe product, I use Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and DreamWeaver, the price for the suite which includes so many programs I don't need is far beyond...
Or find a new way completely. I was just at the App store and found out that Serif Labs has released a beta of their Photo program. It is free for now. I signed up for the Beta. https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/ They are also offering Affinity Designer for 20% off to celebrate their Apple Design Award. I am sorely tempted, I have iDraw and I really like it, so do I need another similar program?  Not sure, but at $40 maybe, that isn't as much as one month payment for...
Looks like they are pushing CC everywhere. FYI, I was able to put a CD Rom version of Lightroom in my amazon shopping cart, says it is in stock. But little good that will do if Adobe won't support it anymore.
They may have some boxed versions left in the amazon warehouse, it is being sold through amazon. Reading the reviews & question area will give you more details about that offer.
That version is not available at adobe.com. And there is this notice on the item you posted - "Prefer a low monthly payment?You can get a year of the Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan with Photoshop CC + Lightroom for only $9.99/month. Learn more" Most likely it is not a current version, look at the questions section on that page, people are asking where and how they can upgrade Lightroom 6. I personally would not spend $147 and then the only way to upgrade is to go to...
I just went to Adobe.com to see if I could purchase Lightroom as a standalone. Apparently not any more. I went to the Lightroom page, and clicked the Buy Now button, I was sent to a sign up form for Creative Cloud Photography (see attachment). So Lightroom is in the cloud now, a few weeks ago I was going to to do a trial of it and I was set to a Creative Cloud signup page, I didn't go any further.  I too was under the impression that Adobe was keeping Lightroom out of the...
I thought I would at least try it out, but Adobe wouldn't even let me download without setting up Creative Cloud. So I stopped the process, who knows what they will do in the future, I am not even going there. AND an new app was just released from The Escapers that is very close to Aperture!!!  It is a Mac only program called Emulsion, I have been working with it for the past several days, I was so impressed I bought it immediately while the price is introductory price...