or Connect

Posts by Don108

"But in the last 13 years, I bet we've made more money than almost anybody on the planet. And that, frankly, is a great source of pride to me." And that's the problem. If the focus had been on producing great products instead of making lots of money, you might have had a valuable legacy and Microsoft would have been in a great position moving forward. Instead, you're leaving Microsoft with a disaster in your OS, people abandoning your Office suite, a disaster in tablets,...
I thought I saw a guy carrying a box with next-year's Samsung top-of-the-line smartphone. I mean, the box had "Samsung" all over it. Turns out he was holding a Samsung 22" TV. I knew it was going to have a bigger screen, but this would be really, really hard to fit in a pocket.
A 4K tablet makes as much sense as a desktop with a touch screen. That is, exactly no sense at all. However, the ability to run a 4K screen (i.e., a TV) makes perfect sense.
You've got it backwards. Apple is doing more than focusing on "cross-platform services," they're looking at the user experience. Microsoft is trying to make everything fit into their imagined uberwindows, so no matter the product or its uses, everything will work the same way. Apple looks at how the user works with each piece of hardware and creating a user experience second to none. How can a user best make use of a phone, a tablet, a TV interface, a laptop/desktop....
The claim by Constable Odo that "mom and pop investors" were suckered into buying $700 shares of Apple is just absurd. When stocks are at that price, most purchases and sales are made by institutions, not "mom and pop investors." The question is, how did these intelligent investors running large portfolios fail in knowing that Apple share price would fall? The answer, if you look at it, is clear. The rapid rise of Apple stock made the hedge fund managers feel Apple stock...
Unfortunately, your headline gives the impression that this was caused by an iPhone BRAND (i.e., Apple) charger. I realize that the article clarifies this, but many people only read headlines and are likely to be misled. Your headline, to be accurate, should have read something like: "Thai man dies after alleged electrocution from using Fake iPhone 4S Charger"
So according to Microsoft, you should buy a Surface because it's a better recipe holder for people who don't clean their kitchen countertops? Seems like it's awfully expensive for that. Oh, and they also claim that although people get tablets for themselves so they can use it for their own purposes, the Surface is better because many people can get their hands on it and each screw it up in their own way? Microsoft: clueless to the end.
Interestingly, few of the pundits (excluding DED), noted all of the problems with Google Maps. That stupid application sent me on many wild goose chases, including one where I ended up in front of a private residence about half a mile from the address of a store I was looking for. Another time it took me to a store that had been closed for a year. NO application is perfect. That's why there are updates and new versions. Apple's Maps, IMO, started out at least as good as...
Yet another clueless marketer. Apple doesn't compete on the low end. You're like someone saying, "Too few people can afford to go to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse here so I'll put up a MacDonald's." Just because junk foods and salads are edible doesn't mean they compete. They're in two different markets. As @jungmark pointed out you're hitting Samsung from the low end where they do compete. (At the high end, the smartphones that Samsung makes barely compete with the iPhone and...
Yet more proof that NOBODY SHOULD EVER pay attention to the guesses of analysts. Tech analysts are nothing more than carnival fortune tellers. They're just not as accurate or as entertaining.