or Connect

Posts by themind

Quick thing to try.    Boot up from the reinstall disk then try shutting down when running that - if it shuts down quickly from that you have an indication that its not likely to be hardware apart from possibly the hard disk.   Do you have an external firewire drive you could install a fresh copy of OSX on to?
From memory you can format any drive as an OSX extended disk and plug it into the USB port on the airport to use it as a time machine drive. If you want to connect straight to a network drive look at this page - it may help.    http://code.stephenmorley.org/articles/time-machine-on-a-network-drive/   I did something similar a few years ago but ended up changing to a program to copy areas of my mac to a folder on my home server which is then set to back itself up...
Are you using a USB or a network connection?
Ok - try resetting the battery software monitor. Have a look at thishttp://support.apple.com/kb/HT1119 Re the slowdown. Updates can install a lot of extra bits an maybe your best way is to backup your stuff, use the lion recovery but use the disk utilities section to delete your current partition, make a new one then do a fresh install from the apple website which should give you the newest version without the redundant stuff that was removed. then reinstall your apps from...
I wonder if there is another way to go with this that will keep the clarity of the glass screens and solve some peoples problems with reflections. 20 years ago during my Physics degree we were playing around with antireflective coatings, the sort that are applied to telescope optics etc. Sure they have their problems, not very hard wearing, colour tint etc but maybe they have become more robust since then. Also the tint is mainly for reflected light - the transmitted light...
Must admit after trying a few peoples 7" tablets I do find them an uncomfortable size for me to type on(which I can just about manage on the IPAD). Personally what I would really like is for apple to work out a way to get rid of the border around the iPad whilea, still avoiding light bleeding through andb, keeping good battery life without increasing the depthThis could give a 10" tablet while still knocking 2" or so off the iPads dimensions. For that I would update my 1st...
Once again I seem to have discovered the arrogant streak in someone here. Read the post and you will see that I say most users and have said so repeatedly. In addition since this is about the MP please enlighten me as to why your talking about Microsoft SQL server? Are you running windows server on your mac? If you are then please tell me why you are running server on a workstation without hot swap or redundant power supplies. Or are you, as I suspect, dropping rather...
Hi all I am looking to set up a roaming network for laptops on our site and would like some advice from people regarding a few settings. The current network is a 4 building site connected with fibre / cat6 and we will be using 10 airport extreme base stations to create the roaming wifi network. Each of these will be connected to the current ethernet network. Am I right in thinking that the following are the correct base station settings. Wireless Mode - "Create a...
Fair point with the ram but that still doesn't justify a modern Mac needing 4 internal 3 1/2drive bays and 2 optical drives. I would assume that if the MP was killed other / replacement macs would be given the ability to hold more ram for users who need it.\\ Sorry this is in relation to hmm's comment about holding data in ram - too early here, my brains hasn't woken up yet.
I did say most people don't need the MP and from memory After Effects allows rendering on more than one computer hence even in your situation the monolith of a current MP isn't required. Even in your case where you are probably one of the few people who is maxing out your MP wouldn't you prefer the option to be able to upgrade by adding a module containing a single chip, enough ram and a fast local storage to speed up your work rather than needing to buy another 4k+ tower...