or Connect

Posts by ash471

Eventually all electronics are commoditized. We don't know when it will happen for phones or who the survivors will be, but it will happen. It sure isn't going to happen this year. I like the iPhone 6 way better than the iPhone 5s. I'll be buying new iPhones until all my family members have something as good as iPhone 6.
And there won't be any heroes.  Apple cannot change the payment world by itself.  The best we can hope for is unintended consequences of Apple's disruption of the current system.  
They make you give all your contact info, including phone number in order to leave a comment.  No thanks. 
You must not understand corporations.  GTAT is a completely different entity than the CEO.  If anything, GTAT got screwed by its CEO.  Of course, that was GTAT's fault.  They obviously shouldn't have compensated their CEO before he delivered.  The workers are at will employees.  They didn't get screwed.  They may have even got severance.  The people that got screwed were the shareholders and creditors of GTAT. You could be right about a Chinese supplier buying the...
Yes, but what you haven't asked yourself is how material was their breach.  For example, what if Apple asked for 100,000 displays by June 1 and GTAT didn't deliver the 100,000 until June 3.  Normally a company would just let that go.  If Apple changed its mind on sapphire displays for iPhone 6, it may have looked for an out even though GTAT was performing well in most regards. I'm not defending GTAT or criticizing Apple. I'm just saying that Apple was in control and...
Bageljoey never said it was a scam.  He's saying Apple may have decided sapphire wasn't going to work on iPhones and used the terms of the contract to get out of it and let GTAT take the fall. That's not a scam.  Its a business decision. Circumstances changed and Apple took advantage of its contract position. If you know anything about contract law, you would see this is the most likely scenario.  I find it very unlikely that Tim Cook was "naive" about GTAT or that GTAT...
Bingo.  A good contract is one that you can get out of.  It is so obvious that Apple fucked GTAT and its creditors.  It just blows my mind that everyone is crying a river for Apple.  What we don't know is how much GTAT deserved it.  That's hard to say.  Apple has always played hardball with its suppliers.  My guess is GTAT screwed up enough that Apple figured it could "get away with putting them in bankruptcy."  Apple knows that putting a supplier into bankruptcy has the...
  Apple is not turning the other cheek.  They forced a supplier into bankruptcy.  Apple is in total control here.  They own the factory in Arizona.  Who do you think is going to be buying 2,000 furnaces at $.10 on the dollar? My guess is those 2,000 furnaces aren't going anywhere.  The entity that buys them will be producing sapphire for Apple under even more favorable terms for Apple.  All I can say is Apple is awesome. They get to set whatever terms they want in their...
It just bothers me that people are assuming this guy is a crook based on facts that suggest otherwise. Selling stock using the SEC rules does not make someone a crook.  I have a lot of experience with license agreements (drafting them and negotiating them).  And yes, performance clauses, securing loans with the equipment, etc. are VERY common terms and expected in a license agreement. There isn't really any way to know Apple's intentions.  They may have intended for the...
  The stock was scheduled for sale six months prior and in accordance with SEC rules for corporate insiders. Ya'll are wasting your time filing a complaint with the SEC.