or Connect

Posts by ash471

I don't see this purchase as any indication of something wrong in the overall market.  This is just a stupid move by Zuckerberg.  He thinks because he rolled the dice once and got lucky with Instagram that the same thing is going to happen this time.  He's an idiot. $16B is a lot more than $1B and instant messaging isn't as core to the FB business as social networking photos. Also, these users are in low value places in the world.  It is one thing to pay $1B for US user...
You are sorely mistaken that Apple is in a prestige market. Apple sells quality, but not prestige. If a McDonald's employee is buying the product (which they are) then it isn't a prestige product.Can anyone give me the patent number of this Google patent that expires in 2020?
PC sales are slowing, but do you have data to show that PC usage is declining? Google ad revenue is growing 37%. Your assumptions don't fit the data.
They should launch from a different country like an island country or Russia. Why ask for permission?
LOL, nice comparison to TV stations.This would be a great way to distribute media content to the world. Multicast TV and Movies with encryption and then just charge for the key. If the distribution is to a country like North Korea, you don't even have to worry about copyrights.
yes, agreed.  They obviously knew mobile was going to be successful. Steve Jobs made bold statements about it. Someone deserves a kick in the pants for doing nothing about the mobile strategy for pages over the last 5 years. 
ummmm, "fucked" is a six letter word. LOL, learn to count. You missed the point. I'm saying creating pictures, emails, etc. is worthy content creation.  Just because I create different content doesn't mean I'm not creating content.  To keep with your analogy, you are saying that a semi isn't a vehicle because it can't dump like a dump truck.  I'm calling BS on that assumption.  A semi is a vehicle even though it can't dump. An iPhone is computer even if it can't do Word...
Agreed, in other words, they should have left the Mac version alone until the iOS version had feature parity.  What they really need to do is kick the development into high gear and produce a better product than MS.  That would be a good use of some portion of that $159 billion.  What's the problem Apple?  Can't afford to develop the iWork platform? 
You are way over thinking it.  Google can do no wrong because they make all their money from advertising and those ad revenues are growing at 37%, despite the PC industry sinking.  In other words, even if PC sales go to zero, Google is still going to make money because the people that own PC are still using them and receiving ads.  Apple sells a commodity hardware that will eventually succumb to the pricing pressures and the inability to make significant improvements. At...
hmmmm, the problem here is that Google continues to grow and Apple is not. Yes Apple has a very nice business and is making more money than Google, but investors are looking at the future, not today, and the data suggests that Google is continuing to grow. It doesn't matter that the PC market is shrinking. The data suggests that the people are continuing to use PCs for doing Google searches and despite the decrease in sales, ad revenue from these PCs are still...