or Connect

Posts by ash471

By the way, the fact that Apple paid 8 million for a license suggests to me that Apple may have been complicit in this litigation.  That amount is just what the company needed to enforce its patents.  And the company out suing everyone for patent infringement on podcasting benefits Apple, since Apple was providing a licensed product.  I'm willing to bet Apple strategically paid that 8 million.
The patent was filed in 1996, 5 years before the iPod and the "cottage industry" that developed.  I haven't reviewed the PTAP decision and I'm not familiar with the facts of this case, but it looks to me like a classic case where a small guy invented something and everyone infringing the patent couldn't be bothered with paying the inventors a royalty and the inventors sold out to a litigation firm.  I hope they have other patents that they can enforce against the f'ing...
Yes, if they get deleted from the cloud, they will be gone from all of your devices.  When you sign up for Photos, Apple tells you to backup your photos yourself.Photos is an improvement over iCloud Drive.  If you delete a photo, Apple puts it in a deleted folder where it remains for 40 days. It will even tell you how many days left until deletion.But trust me, that's not a substitute for a legitimate backup.  Last fall I had all my contacts deleted from iCloud. Poof....
Agreed. I think the solution is to use Photos and Aperture for the near future.  iPhoto has always been a POS, so no heartache losing that.
 I have to say I love the syncing feature. Now if they could just get the "Sharing" feature to actually work...I think Photos will eventually be a great product. It's just early, which is why I'm not abandoning Aperture. All my previous photos are staying in Aperture until Photos is up to speed.
My aperture still works fine. Aperture is gone from the App store, but it didn't delete my install. In fact, I was setting up an OS X server yesterday (10.10.3) and I couldn't download Aperture so I copied the Application file from my iMac 5K (running 10.10.3) and installed Aperture on my server.  I assume it let me do it because both computers are signed up under the same iTunes account.  Both computers run Aperture just fine and both have Apple Photos.
Note that the 5K sizing is missing from the chart.  Seems pretty obvious to me that this press release is really old (i.e., predates the release of the iMac 5k).  I'd bet that Apple originally planned on doing an iMac8K and then switched to iMac5k.  Most likely because 8k just increased the cost without any benefit. I have the iMac5k and don't see any need for an 8k monitor unless it is bigger.  
Then be surprised. Have you not read about the timing controller Apple custom built for the iMac5k? All the memory in the word isn't going to change the fact that the the thunderbolt 2 port can't handle the bandwidth for 5K.  Supposedly the Dell 5K monitor can use two thunderbolt 2 ports and run 5K on a MacPro.  I'm not sure what refresh rate the Dell will do and I have yet to see any comments from someone that has actually done it.
Price is good for work executives. I really wanted to buy this, but my primary monitor is a Thunderbolt Display and I have no way to connect sub-c to thunderbolt. Would I really go buy a POS monitor and throw away my Thunderbolt Display to use the new MacBook? I thought about buying a Mac mini to run the monitor, but then I have to duplicate all my software. I really wanted to get this, but the rMBpro is probably what I'll have to do.
And laywers should get paid. They are service providers. If they provide services they should get paid.It's just like if you plug your drain by dumping bacon grease down it everyday. If you call the plummer to fix it, expect to pay.Lawyers are glorified plummers for complex business transactions. The more complex the transactions, the more they charge.