or Connect

Posts by ash471

Which facts are wrong?  The patent office doesn't invalidate patents.  Show me a statute or a rule  that says the PTO can invalidate a patent. Search all you want, you won't find it.  By the way, if you want to know where to look, the patent laws are in title 35 of the United States Code and all the USPTO rules are explained in the MPEP (i.e., the manual of patent examining procedure).     Invalidity is a specific defense to patent infringement as set forth in 35 U.S.C...
One more thing.... the patent office does a pretty good job of searching the prior art.  Examiners have like 10-15 hours to review the prior art, the patent application, and write up a rejection.  You can't expect them to find every piece of prior art known to mankind.  Besides, even if they looked for 100 hours, they might not find everything.  We do not want the government spending 50 billion a year trying to find a needle in a haystack.  If they miss something, the...
I find it humorous to read postings by people (including AI) about IP matters.  For the most part you guys get it all wrong. I guess that is why us patent lawyers can charge $300-$500/hr.   First off, this patent has not been invalidated. It has not even been "preliminarily invalidated".  The patent is under reexamination.  Apple has received an action on the merits.  Talk to any patent attorney with significant prosecution experience and they will tell you that 90%...
In response to the guy that thinks Google is influencing the patent office..... This is absolutely not true.  The patent office is not influenced by Google.  The only difference between examination of a sensitive patent for Apple is that some (not all) examiners will be more cautious because they don't want to allow something that will get overturned in court.  When this happens the examiner will reject, reject, reject and the Applicant has to appeal to the board of...
Geekbench score of 1757 is pretty impressive.   My single core Mac Pro from 2008 is only 5000 something. I think we are about 2-3 years away from the ARM processor having the power needed to run a MacBook Air.  I know there are a bunch of naysayers that don't think it will ever happen.  However, I think the MacBook Pro line is going to continue using the fastest processors available and the MacBook Air will continue to focus on small form factor and battery life.  A 4-6...
I think many "blog pundits" misread the purpose behind the iPad mini. They thought it was being released to lower the price point to compete. The real reason was that there are a large number of people that want a much lighter device that is more suitable for reading. Apple delivered a device that weighs slightly less than the Kindle and Nexus 7, while delivering more screen real estate. That's where the value is.
iPad mini has lower profit margins than other devices....just goes to show that all those people complaining about the iPad mini pricing don't know what they are talking about. The iPad mini is priced at $329 because it is expensive to make. I predict Apple made the right decisions with regard to cost:benefit and the iPad mini will sell better than the iPad someday.
The pricing on the iPod isn't the reason.  Duh....its the cost to build it.  Obviously it costs more to build an 8 inch device than a 4 inch device.  There is more metal, more battery, more glass.  My guess is that there is less margin on the iPad mini than the iPod Touch (although maybe the higher res screen makes up the difference).  What do you want to bet that the margins on the iPad mini and the iPod touch are pretty close to the same.   No matter what people say or...
Apple isn't charging a premium.  The iPad mini is allegedly one of Apple's lowest margin products.  The reality is that Google and Amazon are selling at cost or at a loss to get a user base and they make money other ways (search and content).  That isn't Apple's business model.  Apple makes good products and sells them for a fair price.     Wasn't it just 2.5 years ago when everyone was hoping for Apple to release an 8-10 inch mobile device under $1000? Apple shocked...
You and probably 20 million other people will feel the same way.  The iPad mini is about losing weight and size to make it easier to use as a reader.  I predict a lot of people will eventually own an iPad mini and an iPad.