or Connect

Posts by ash471

What really happened was Apple partnered with Google and the partnership created good maps.  It was all the data from the iPhone users that made Google Maps great. Maps on the desktop didn't allow Google to track the person following the directions.  When Apple let Google put their maps on the iPhone and collect data, it changed everything.  Everyone is forgetting how shitty Google Maps was 10 years ago.  We liked it because it was the best we could get, but it wasn't...
Google can't and won't lose their monopoly unless Apple makes their maps available on android and PC. Advertisers and programmers need to reach the entire market.  I think Apple will eventually get there.  Mavericks will have maps on desktop.  Next step is Maps on Android and PC.
You may be correct about iWork.  However, Apple really needs to release Maps for Android, Mac, and Windows.  iMessage also needs to be available on Android, but not windows.  Here's the rationale, Maps need to be integrated with lots of other apps and many developers are just going to use Google Maps since they can program for it on all platforms.  For iMessage, we need to be able to connect with non-Apple users, especially since they are the majority of cell phone users.  
  At what point do we admit that string theory is a religion....the hope for something that cannot be proven. Hmmm I have a new theory.  Federal funding for String Theory is unconstitutional based on separation of church and state.
You are right in that regard.  He didn't restrain himself by the rigid rules of society, which allowed him to postulate special relativity, brownian motion, and black body radiation without the concerns that an academic would have.  Part of why he didn't get a job out of school was his bad attitude towards "the establishment".  So yes, in many ways he was a lot like Steve Jobs.     I suppose I subscribe to Malcom Gladwell's assertion that there are many people that are...
What did Einstein accomplish the last 70% of his career (most of which was at princeton)....drumm roll.... NOTHING!  He argued a lot with his contemporaries and he tried to unify the fundamental forces, but failed.  His efforts for a unifying theory has been explored for more than half a century in the form of "string theory" which is worthless garbage science.   Don't get me wrong, Einstein was a smart and creative person and deserved recognition for a lot of good work...
I'm puzzled why people think Apple has or does come out with groundbreaking products on a regular basis.  Apple has invented three products.  The personal desktop computer (1970-1980s), handheld mobile computer (iPod/iPad), and the modern smartphone (iPhone, with its touch interface and app development). That's three products in 40 years.  Even if take out the 10 years without Steve Jobs, its still only 1 product per decade. We're not due for a new product line from...
Einstein was pretty smart, but a lot of his success had to do with luck and timing.  Einstein didn't get a job after his PhD work and took a job in a patent office where he was assigned to work in the art unit that examined inventions related to clocks.  The rapid development of railroads in the late 1800s created a great need for inventions that would synchronize time in different cities.  Therefore, Einstein's job was to think about time and space. 
Apple would be a lot better off if it released its maps for Android and desktop.  I hope that is coming sometime soon. I'm afraid that developers will all use Google because they can easily distribute their software on multiple platforms.     Apple would ruin Waze if it purchased it, because Waze needs large numbers and limiting it to Apple would limit the number of people that would play the dumb games.
Couldn't agree more.  Facebook should do a search box like Google+ and start providing users with combined searches of social network and web-based searches. Until that happens, Facebook will continue to be stuck in the 90's with shitty irrelevant ads that no one clicks on.