or Connect

Posts by ash471

Geekbench score of 1757 is pretty impressive.   My single core Mac Pro from 2008 is only 5000 something. I think we are about 2-3 years away from the ARM processor having the power needed to run a MacBook Air.  I know there are a bunch of naysayers that don't think it will ever happen.  However, I think the MacBook Pro line is going to continue using the fastest processors available and the MacBook Air will continue to focus on small form factor and battery life.  A 4-6...
I think many "blog pundits" misread the purpose behind the iPad mini. They thought it was being released to lower the price point to compete. The real reason was that there are a large number of people that want a much lighter device that is more suitable for reading. Apple delivered a device that weighs slightly less than the Kindle and Nexus 7, while delivering more screen real estate. That's where the value is.
iPad mini has lower profit margins than other devices....just goes to show that all those people complaining about the iPad mini pricing don't know what they are talking about. The iPad mini is priced at $329 because it is expensive to make. I predict Apple made the right decisions with regard to cost:benefit and the iPad mini will sell better than the iPad someday.
The pricing on the iPod isn't the reason.  Duh....its the cost to build it.  Obviously it costs more to build an 8 inch device than a 4 inch device.  There is more metal, more battery, more glass.  My guess is that there is less margin on the iPad mini than the iPod Touch (although maybe the higher res screen makes up the difference).  What do you want to bet that the margins on the iPad mini and the iPod touch are pretty close to the same.   No matter what people say or...
Apple isn't charging a premium.  The iPad mini is allegedly one of Apple's lowest margin products.  The reality is that Google and Amazon are selling at cost or at a loss to get a user base and they make money other ways (search and content).  That isn't Apple's business model.  Apple makes good products and sells them for a fair price.     Wasn't it just 2.5 years ago when everyone was hoping for Apple to release an 8-10 inch mobile device under $1000? Apple shocked...
You and probably 20 million other people will feel the same way.  The iPad mini is about losing weight and size to make it easier to use as a reader.  I predict a lot of people will eventually own an iPad mini and an iPad.
Couldn't agree more.  I see the iPad mini as a shared device for children or an eReader/compact iPad for an adult.   The iPod Touch is a device for individual kids and is an important product for parents who don't want their kids to have a phone. That would be me.  I can certainly afford to buy my 12 and 10 year olds an iPhone, but I absolutely refuse to do so.  A 12 year old doesn't need a phone.  My kids have Touches and we control what apps are on the device and we...
Agreed.  The retina display needed a little more horsepower than the A5X processor had, which is obviously why they released the iPad4 so soon.  My guess is the A6 processor wasn't ready in time for the iPad3.  I suspect that the next version of the iPad will have a quad core A6 processor (next spring) and then it will get upgraded again to an A7 processor in a year from now and possibly a change in form factor.  
LOL so true
I predict that the real Surface killer is going to be when Apple updates the iPad next week to have an A6 processor, which will give it lower heat and huge battery life.  If the iPad is a new product, it will sell like crazy this holiday season.  Does anyone else think this is the obvious (but not so obvious) move for Apple to make?  And they will be doing it at the end of October, which means no competitors will have time to respond before the holiday shopping...