or Connect

Posts by ash471

I don't understand why everyone thinks Apple is due for a new product category.  For 10 years all Apple produced was computers and iPods.  The iPhone and iPad came out relatively close in time, but I think that is the exception, not the rule.   Is there anything wrong with Apple Computer selling computers?  If I were Tim Cook, I'd be focused on getting out the next iPad.  It needs to be lighter and faster. They need to do more to help developers make good software.  They...
If you need Office compatibility, why not just use a Macbook Air?  I have an iPad 3, iPhone 5, MacBook Air, and Mac Pro.  I probably spend 95% of my time on MBA and iPhone.  In fact, most the people I associate with need power point and Word and we all use MBA and iPhone.  When I go to meetings it is almost humorous how everyone pulls out a MBA and iPhone.  If I didn't need Word, I'd probably be using iPad.   
It isn't just the TV screen, it is the camera viewing the same field as the physician.  In fact, the installed TV screens will likely be used so that others can see what the physician is seeing.    Like my post said, I don't believe we have enough information to make the call.  Only time will tell.
I don't get why Wall Street buys into the hype about social networking.  Social networks give away a service for free and have no way to monetize their user base.  Stupid virtual stickers is a great example of just how ridiculous the options are.  Seriously?  Their business plan is to sell virtual stickers?   And facebook isn't much better at it.  Facebook puts up shitty irrelevant adds as though this were 1999.  Hello Facebook...anybody home?  There is a reason Google...
Agreed.  The question is where will Yahoo be in a year or two from now?   It actually might make sense for Apple to make their maps available through Yahoo.  Yahoo maps suck and Apple needs a website to launch its web based maps.  They should make a cool app for Flikr users to geocode their pictures and add points of interest to Apple maps.  An iOS device may be the best way to view a map, but a web interface is better for entering data and using pictures as the input...
I've tried Bing.  Maybe it's bad luck, but I never seem to get a decent result.  I give Bing a serious try about every year and so far its been meh. Google is free and gives me the best results.  Why not use it?
Agreed.   The approval process has been streamlined, which means Apple errors on the side of quickly approving apps.  It makes perfect sense that something like this might slip through.  I see no problem with the developer trying to get it through, but they are bastards for for trying to make Apple look bad just because it was approved and then pulled.   
Not true.  Apple is very developer friendly.  Just ask the developers that are making billions more with Apple compared to Android. Apple has conflicts every now and then with an insignificant number of developers because they have standards.  Forcing companies to play by the rules doesn't make them hostile to developers.  The NBA has rules for basketball players, but that doesn't make the NBA hostile to basketball players?  There is room in this world for different...
This is a tough call. It all depends on what uses people come up with.  For example there is some significant interest in the medical community to be able to access medical records through Google Glass.  Think about a physician in an operating room with her hands inside a patient and needs information.  The ability to get the information without touching a keyboard or scrubbing in again after leaving the room is a pretty compelling reason to use a dorky pair of...
Nice post. LOL.