or Connect

Posts by ash471

You and probably 20 million other people will feel the same way.  The iPad mini is about losing weight and size to make it easier to use as a reader.  I predict a lot of people will eventually own an iPad mini and an iPad.
Couldn't agree more.  I see the iPad mini as a shared device for children or an eReader/compact iPad for an adult.   The iPod Touch is a device for individual kids and is an important product for parents who don't want their kids to have a phone. That would be me.  I can certainly afford to buy my 12 and 10 year olds an iPhone, but I absolutely refuse to do so.  A 12 year old doesn't need a phone.  My kids have Touches and we control what apps are on the device and we...
Agreed.  The retina display needed a little more horsepower than the A5X processor had, which is obviously why they released the iPad4 so soon.  My guess is the A6 processor wasn't ready in time for the iPad3.  I suspect that the next version of the iPad will have a quad core A6 processor (next spring) and then it will get upgraded again to an A7 processor in a year from now and possibly a change in form factor.  
LOL so true
I predict that the real Surface killer is going to be when Apple updates the iPad next week to have an A6 processor, which will give it lower heat and huge battery life.  If the iPad is a new product, it will sell like crazy this holiday season.  Does anyone else think this is the obvious (but not so obvious) move for Apple to make?  And they will be doing it at the end of October, which means no competitors will have time to respond before the holiday shopping...
Despite what many think, circumstantial evidence is admissible in court (see Federal Rules of Evidence section 401).  The circumstantial evidence in this case is reasonably adequate. Android was a blackberry knockoff and then became an iOS knockoff 3 years before the rest of the industry could produce an iOS knockoff.  There is no way Android came to market so fast and so good without working on it prior to the iPhone release.  We're just now seeing MS release a knockoff...
I'm not an expert on Schmidt, but don't you think calling him a "joker" is a bit off the mark.  Steve Balmer is a joke, but what has Schmidt done to deserve to be placed in the same category?  Hasn't Google been successful under Schmidt? The fact that Schmidt was a scoundrel for using his position on the board at Apple to position Google to compete with Apple doesn't make him a joker.  It makes him a dirty SOB.  Nevertheless, it was a shrewd thing to do and hugely...
You are delusional if you think Microsoft has a chance at the consumer handset market.  MS made its money by having a shitty operating system that was adopted by businesses and needed a team of IT staff to keep it running.  The IT staff and MS are interdependent on each other to ensure their existence in a corporate environment.  I'm confident that business will continue to print money for the foreseeable future. However, MS and the bufoons running that company have zero...
So true.  Remember the videos where that guy got homeless people to fight each other.  Those videos made a lot of money, but I wouldn't say the guy was a talented cinematography.  He was a shrewd businessman.  If Machine Gun Kelly had eaten dog shit for a show, he would have garnered a lot of attention, but that wouldn't make him an artist or "talented".