or Connect

Posts by ash471

LOL.  We know one thing for sure; the anonymous poster must be a native english speaker and a true electrical engineer.  No PR person could ever say something so intelligent and so stupid at the same time.
Another reason to support high bandwidth is to allow high quality streaming video.  There are a lot of applications in the future that could use the iPad as a monitor for a camera (e.g., in cars) where there is no need to save the data.  If Apple were smart, they would focus the lightning connector on providing high speed streaming input.  
Everyone bashed Apple Maps, but it was superior to Google Maps in the sense that it was more open to developers.  Google has no choice but to open up to developers or get left behind.  With the number of people using Apple maps, it won't take long for Apple to catch up to Google.  The only reason Google's maps are so good is because Google has been collecting map data from iPhone users since 2007.  Prior to 2007, Google maps wasn't all that great.
This is like a high school popularity contest....who give a shit.
Apple.mail is a webkit product? Why does Apple.mail suck so much. It doesn't attach emails separately, it doesn't update very well (I'll get my iphone emails minutes before Apple.mail), and it does a poor job of handling wifi interruptions. It also creates stupid, meaningless attachments.
The problem here is that people are calling a profit a loss. A profit is not a loss.  A profit is a profit and a loss is a loss.  At least in the real world that's how it works. In the fucked up world of GAAP accounting you can call numbers anything you want.  That's why we have a shitty broken-down financial system.  
So if we have the following:    Company A: $500 loss Company B: $500 loss   Would GAAP say company A has a certain percentage of profits?    The accounting industry is pretty fucked up so it wouldn't surprise me if you said Company A has -50% of profits.  These kinds of calculations are exactly why I hate Wall Street.  In the real world we don't do stuff like that.  If an engineer designed a car using GAAP math principles, we would have shitty broken down cars.  No...
For Apple to force me to sell my shares, the company would need shareholder approval for the buyout (not just stock repurchase).  
Agreed, but there is some merit to the argument that hardware eventually becomes a commodity.  At some point my iPhone will be good enough that I just don't care about the next feature.  If people start using their iPhones for 5 years, Apple isn't going to be making very much money. 
LOL ....I can't wait for that news headline::::::::::::Apple announces it will NOT be building a low cost iPhone and the stock plummets so low that Apple buys itself out with cash on hand.   The knuckleheads on Wall Street might actually be that stupid.   Although, Apple could never buy all its shares, because I'm not selling mine.