or Connect

Posts by ash471

There were lyrics, but no melody.  The guy was just screaming to a beat.  To the vast majority of people, that isn't music.  We all get your point that people can have differences of opinion.  But to say this is music because people have different taste is like saying dog shit smells good or spiders are more beautiful than roses.  Say it all you want, but the rest of us recognize dog shit when we see it and this guy's alleged "music" is shit.      I can't stop laughing...
Was VisiCalc patentable over the prior art?  If so, in what way?  Just because VisiCalc predates Excel doesn't mean there were features of VisiCalc that were patentable.  You would have to know what the prior art was at the time VisiCalc was created and then determine that VisiCalc included features that were not in the prior art.     Obviously the features claimed in this Apple lawsuit are not found in VisiCalc or it wouldn't be patentable. 
What you suggest would ruin the patent system.  If someone created something and didn't have the resources or market position to manufacture or sell their creation, they would be left empty handed.  And obviously they would stop creating.   Your suggestion is like saying we shouldn't let authors sell the rights to their books to movie producers.  Instead, let's force the authors to make the movies themselves. After all, author rights are to individuals. (in fact author...
Your wrong. In order to get a patent, you have to enable someone to make and use the invention.  See 35 U.S.C. section 112.   Secondly, engineers come up with ideas all the time that they can describe how they want it to work but don't actually have the skill to "code it up."  That was probably true for many of the invention Steve Jobs made.  The fact that someone doesn't write code doesn't mean they can't conceive of the functionality that make a product work better....
You failed to state what is ridiculous.  I don't see anything ridiculous about it.  Apple might be infringing a patent and someone sued them to ask the court to determine infringement.  Why is that ridiculous.  Apple knows that when it sells products it might be infringing patents, which is why it has a team of lawyers and outside counsel to determine the best way for the company to deal with the patent and/or Apple's infringement.   What is ridiculous is for the media...
Exactly!  good Analogy.
How often does that happen? Obviously I don't have the data, but I would guess it is less than 5% and possibly much less than 1%.  99% of the time I want routing information and I click on the "use current location".  Of course Apple could provide a menu that lets you shut that off, but there are only so many menu items that should be in a phone.  The .00001% of people that would actually activate the feature should just go find a different phone platform. We don't want...
There is a big difference between "upset" and "lost customer".  We have NO data on the number of lost sales from upset customers.  For all we know, the number is zero and/or the number of people that choose the iPhone because it has turn by turn instructions outnumbers the losses from the disgruntled. More importantly, I think Apple is looking into the future and considering all the great apps that will be built off of their open Map system.  Apple is going to let...
Agreed.  I was glad to get the turn by turn instructions. I've used iOS maps like 5 times and haven't had any problems.  I'm sure it is missing some data, but so does Google Maps.  All mapping solutions work better over time because of user data.  I remember my business partner using Google maps two years ago to get us to an important lunch meeting and it took us the wrong direction.  He was livid.  Apple's iOS maps will be as good as Google Maps within a year.  The...
Apple won't sell such a device...but I'm sure there is a third party manufacturer working on such a device already.