or Connect

Posts by ash471

Why keep him?  Seriously.  The only reason these guys get paid that much is because a culture of back scratchers on boards allow it to happen.  The problem is shareholders have allowed the culture to develop.  Unwinding it will be hard to do.  Shareholders need to start somewhere.  Cut his pay to 6.9 million and see if he walks.  I assure you he is replaceable with probably even better talent for pay in the 2-10 million range.
I'm very disappointed.  With Steve gone, the executives at Apple are going to do what all executives at large corporation do: abuse the system because they can.  What a dirt bag.  $69 M a year for a CFO.  There are thousands of talented people out there that could do just as good of job at CFO and they would do it for $1M/year.
The only feature that I want from Microsoft Word to implement is a halfway reasonable backup system.  MS is the most incompetent worthless company on the face of the planet. Why won't they use Apple's built in autosave feature?  It is totally ridiculous that after almost two years they won't just implement it.  Do they want me to loathe and hate them for the documents that I have lost because of their utter and complete incompetence? MS makes the Word back ups volatile...
Agreed. My colleague that switched to S3 is a Microsoft guy (literally, he drafts patents for Microsoft).  He said he liked the iPhone and didn't have anything against Apple, he just wanted a larger screen.  It's hard to say what his real motivation was.  I assume it was a least partially motivated by screen size, but there could be more to it.  Besides, it is just one data point.   I agree that Apple will survive just fine without a larger screen.  However, does that...
That doesn't change the fact that 57% of the market profits is still an insane amount for Apple, given the pundits said Apple would fail in this endeavor. (remember the iPhone as a paperweight argument). However, as a shareholder of Apple, I'm concerned about the direction of the profit share.  Where are Apple's profits headed?  Since Apple's percentage of the profits were so insanely high in 2011-2012, they had nowhere to go but down.  The question now is how far down...
My understanding is Samsung "profits" have come from market growth, particularly in developing countries in the pacific rim. Keep in mind that Samsung can take part of the "profit" pie even if they don't take a single sale away from Apple.  If Samsung really is making this much money on growth in developing markets, it begs the question as to whether Apple should be getting into the market.  In the past Apple was smart to stay out of the low end market because there was...
completely agree.  We need year over year data to be able to say anything significant.  The table indicates that Apple went from 72% to 57% of market profits. If that were a year over year number it might be an indication of something troubling.   Nevertheless, Samsung's profitability of 43% does strike me as quite significant.  I've also noticed quite a few Samsung devices in the hands of sophisticated people.  I even have a colleague that went from an iPhone to a...
What business are they hidden in?  Has anyone reputable tried to estimate a true operating profit comparable to Apple?  Also, can anyone point to a source for these ideas?  Several of the comments allude to the concept so it appears it may have merit.
just goes to show that Wall Street is wrong about Apple. Yes Apple's revenue has slowed (11% growth isn't what it used to be). However, what's the justification for pricing the stock the same as Dell, which has had two quarters of negative growth, primarily caused by the growing demand for iPad. It makes no sense to me.....
The release dates are likely set to sell the most devices (i.e., holiday shopping season).  What's the problem with having a long release date?  Apple products (e.g., iPod, iPhone, and iPad) have been updated on a yearly basis for over a decade now.  Where's the rationale for needing updates more often?     You've been sucked into the Wall Street propaganda trying to explain the decline in Apple stock.  The real problem is that Wall Street is stupidly bullish and stupidly...