or Connect

Posts by ash471

Microsoft reported record earnings this month. Would you say MS is growing? If Apple sold even one more phone then lat year they technically grew, but that's not what I consider to be growth. If growth is in the single digits and less than the market, that isn't "growth"Wall Street didn't have inflated expectations. They had reasonable expectations for growth. Do you really believe Apple had expectations for 6.7% growth? I don't understand how you could think these...
Umm, growth was 6.7%, down from mid twenties last year and down from like more than fifty percent the years before that. more importantly it is growing more slowly than the market. So yes, I'm certain the growth story in iPhone is over. Apple makes great phones, but the competition has caught up and people are not motivated by features like fingerprint recognition. Don't get me wrong, owning the most profitable segment of the market is a great thing, but that doesn't...
We just have more solid evidence that the growth story at Apple has come to an end. It doesn't mean Apple makes bad products or that Apple is on the decline. It means it has tapped out its market. Since Apple doesn't care to compete in the low end of the market it can't continue to grow.
Actually, Apple admitted that it misjudged iPhone 5C sales. That isn't wall street's miscalculation, it's Apple's miscalculation. It was obvious to me that the 5c was priced too high. I understand that Apple didn't want to lose margin. However, this is the classic big business trap....making too much money, can't pivot. Apple will continue to make boatloads of money but growth of the iPhone is over.I'm looking to iPad for future growth, but it is much much slower than...
My guess is we will get a 4.8 inch screen and apple will do an edge to edge display and keep the devise pretty close to its current size.
I hope google will lower the price. I want one, but not for $250. It should be more like $80-$125 range. Not sure why anyone would care if Google knows when people are home or not. It's not like they would sell the info to house theives. It may be creepy how much data google has but credit card companies are worse. Banks know everything you purchase, how much you make, how much you save, etc. And they sell your info to others.
Of course the phone will continue to change.  However, are you suggesting that the mobile phone won't be commoditized? If that's what you are suggesting, I think you are wrong.  The hardware business is inherently susceptible to commoditization. Do you understand what it means to be commoditized? Let me give you an example: the "hammer."  There will always be improvements to the hammer.  The latest improvements have been in new materials like titanium and different ways to...
I said mobile phones would be commoditized, not the entire world of computing devices.  It's easy to contradict me when you get to reword what I said.  And you're a fool if you think the mobile phone won't get commoditized.  The risk for Apple is that it isn't out exploring new products and businesses. When the market shifts, Apple has no chance of having the next technology because that isn't its business model.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting Apple is going to...
In 100 years, nobody will care about the iPhone. The smartphone will be commoditized like the ball point pen. However, I think there is a good chance Google Search will still dominate search. It has nothing to do with innovativeness...just the nature of the two businesses.
And a very good game plan. It makes leaders earn their position in the market and gives new entrants a home court advantage. Favoring the underdog in business is somewhat unique to the United States and is one of our greatest assets (along with a strong patent system and education system)