or Connect

Posts by ash471

Is there any chance the M7 processor and existing radios in 5s are already capable of NFC? It would be way cool if Apple released the hardware a year ago without anyone noticing.
ya, with 150 billion dollars in the bank, you would think Apple could afford to make its productivity suite better.  It makes me furious that Pages doesn't have paragraph numbering and you can't even do a hack with the list numbering because you can't left justify a list with the second line of text.  Trust me, it can't be done.  This stupid flaw in Pages means that lawyers can't use Pages.  If lawyers can't use Pages then corporate america can't use Pages.  Ridiculous.  
People in the US that own an iPad probably have a PC. However, the same is not true for developing countries. I know people from China that only use an iPad.
I had Win 7 running on Parallels and deleted it after a few years. I spent way more time installing Win 7 than using it. I bought the version without the install disk and spent several days trying to make a bootable flash drive and get MS to accept the product code.  Didn't work and MS wouldn't provide customer support for the download only version. I finally just repurchased the damn thing on a disk.  I swore on a pile of holy books that I would never buy another MS...
He must be upgrading from an IBM PC junior.  He's excited he wont have to buy floppy disks for his new Chrome Book. 
Everyone is different.  I own MBA, iPad, and iPhone and use them 30% iPhone: 60% MBA: and 10% iPad.  Oh and don't forget the Windows virtual machine that my work provides me.  I use that POS about 0.01% of the time (rounding error).
Yes, you clearly get a better education with a chrome book.  Every student that figures out a chrome book will qualify for a job in IT.=) silver lining
Amazon is in a much different position than other handset makers. It has content and cloud storage. They have a legitimate business position to sell phones. I think they made a mistake by incorporating too much tech in the first iteration. They should have focused on the camera and cloud storage and rolled out the high tech stuff after they started to build a reputation and had some developers. They also should have made the hardware improvements something that app...
Good analysis.  However, I think MS actually needs to be much much more aggressive in letting people go.  They need to shrink by like 90%.  You can't reinvent yourself with 50,000 employees.  Most companies don't have the guts to let the people go if they have the money to keep them. They just keep the ship sailing as long as they can. That's certainly what happened at Kodak.  In order to have the Apple scenario, the company usually has to be in dire straights (i.e., run...
Agreed.  We need some metric for measuring how many people are using macs.  I have a 3 year old MBA and a 6 year old Mac Pro and I keep thinking about upgrading but they work just fine.  And when I do upgrade, they will be passed on to others in the family, not thrown away.  Apple's true market share could be several times the number of sales.