or Connect

Posts by ash471

The only reason I don't use T-mobile is that I can't get 3G. Anyone know where I can get a map of T-mobile 1900 spectrum? If there is reasonable coverage in my area, I'd consider going back to T-mobile in June when my contract runs out. In fact, maybe what I'll do is wait for the iPhone 5 to come out, say I lost my iphone and pay for a replacement iPhone 5 on the AT&T contract (costs about $400) and then cancel with AT&T and go to T-Mobile with a shiny new iPhone 5.
I agree that Andy doesn't have a conflict, but it isn't because Andy disclosed his position. Acknowledging a conflict doesn't mean there isn't a conflict. Consider the following example: Let's say I work at a restaurant and it is my job to hire a dish washer and I decide to hire my brother to wash dishes for 10 million dollars per hour. Telling my boss he is my brother might be an honest thing to do, but it doesn't remove the conflict of interest, it just means my boss...
What? Your post makes no sense. Who is Gruber? Where you referring to Gruber from Daring Fireball? Why would I think it is normal to behave like an asshole if I stop reading Gruber? Does Gruber tell people they shouldn't behave like assholes? If you think I should quit reading Gruber and Gruber helps people avoid thinking it is normal to behave like an asshole, then you must be telling me that I don't think it is normal to behave like an asshole. Or maybe you...
Duh, there is no conflict. It is ridiculous, idiotic, moronic, and "f'ing" stupid to think that Zacky published this article to cause a price change in Apple stock. Yes, there are some people that hype micro stocks just to sell them. However, APPL is not a micro-cap stock. Its a 361 Billion dollar company. There is no way the readers of Appleinsider are going to move Apple stock by even 1 penny in response to Zacky's analysis of historical earnings guidance. I just...
Completely agree. Why would Zacky spend the time to understand the value in Apple and then not buy it. The point of doing the analysis was for him to determine whether to buy. If his analysis is correct (which I think it is) he would be a fool not to buy it.
I think the chart shows that Apple guides low. Apple is astonishingly consistent at hitting between 12-18% above guidance. Therefore, they could increase their guidance by 10% and not miss. The fact that they don't shows that they guide low. However, I see nothing wrong with guiding low. They can do it because Wall Street is a bunch of idiots. Wall Street misses by so far (usually on the low side) that Apple has plenty of room to come in ahead of Wall Street and...
I think the biggest impact Siri is going to have is to stall the growth of Google search. I don't necessarily think Siri will diminish Google, but I think every Siri inquiry is a lost opportunity for Google. Google won't be growing with Apple. If this happens, it could have a huge impact on Google's financial and stock price. Search related ads is everything to Google. Android can crash and burn and it won't matter one bit. However, a full scale assault by Siri...
I agree 100%. The iphone, iPod Touch, and iPad will be the delivery device for Siri. More importantly, Apple isn't going to take away the touch screen for Apple TV; touch will be an option as well and/or they will work together. In fact, I predict that the iPad will benefit just as much from Siri as the iPhone. The iPad will benefit mostly from an integration of Siri with 3rd party apps. People will want to talk and touch at the same time to accomplish tasks in the...
I think the iPad market is a lot more mature than people realize. In my mind, the iPad market has existed for a decade. The iPad provides three clear functions (i) email access, (ii) internet access, and (iii) inexpensive simple portable gaming. These features were previously provided by blackberry phones, netbooks, and handheld video game devices. The iPad does all three and it is decimating those markets. The other thing that the iPad does is provides...
I think Windows 8 might succeed in the phone market, but things are more sketchy for tablets. The problem is Microsoft's current partners don't know how to make money off of a tablet. The magic sauce for PCs was the fact that businesses were the ones making the purchasing decisions and the home PC needed to be compatible with the work PC. That isn't true for tablets. Tablets are used to access email, access the internet, and play simple games. What people look for in...