or Connect

Posts by ash471

The notification center and reminder app is worth the upgrade even without all the bells and whistles in your list.
When I updated my phone, iTunes installed all the applications available in iTunes. One of the apps costantly accesses data even when the app isn't running. I'm not sure if you have a similar problem, but the way I got rid of the problem was to restore my phone to an earlier date. BTW, restoring to an earlier date doesn't change the operating system.
Maybe Samsung will agree to transition away from Google Android. The recent licensing deal with Microsoft would put them in a position to make such a deal. This would hugely benefit both Apple and Samsung. It benefits Apple because it will be a huge blow to its biggest competitor and it benefits Samsung because they can sell their current tablets and start working on transitioning to Microsoft or their own Bada software, which is probably something they would want to do...
I have the new Macbook Air and I showed it to my brother who has a 2 year old windows laptop and he went out and bought the new MBA. The reason has nothing to do with cost. It has everything to do with instant on, lightweight, good battery life, and the new desktop swipe feature. These features make the new MBA incredibly useful, especially for people that travel. My brother wants to buy a PC, but is pissed off that he can't get something that works like his new MBA. ...
Actually, if Google were smart they would buy WebOs at a fire sale price and help their partners transition to WebOS and drop Android and all its woes. That would be a really interesting event.
I was hoping HP would survive, but I suspected they would get squeezed from the top by apple and the bottom by Google. HP had the most potential to compete with Apple but nowhere to go. I hope for their sake they get their money out of WebOs. Maybe RIM will buy it. RIM seems to be into doing really dumb things. The only smart company that might buy it is Samsung.
In the Global market BB is replacing Nokia phones. BB will peak this year or next and then it will be a disasterous and precipitous fall. If you think BB isn't in trouble globally, you are looking in the rear view mirror while the car drives over a cliff. By the way, my hats off to HP. They timed it just right. With Google screwing its Android partners and Microsoft scratching Nokia's back, HP recognized it may be able to get something out of its investment while...
I don't think Google would spend $12.5 billion to compete with an "Apple hobby." Google may be dumb, but they aren't that dumb. That's more like a Steve Ballmer kind of dumb.
By the way, in case you're asking why everyone doesn't gang up on Apple. The answer is simple. Apple only makes high end products. They actually have a relatively small percentage of the market (even though they make all the money). Microsoft, Nokia, HP, etc., are at the moment most interested in the same market as Google. I'm sure anyone of them would like to dethrone Google first to have a force in the market and then take on Apple by slowly eroding away the high...
How is it revenge? MS wrote it. I think Gatorguy's nailed it. The edits serve MS's current purposes. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if MS planted the story. Emotions can change rather quickly when a new common enemy enters the fray. Everyone is ganging up on Google because Google has the largest market share and is an easy target. This reminds me of the game Settlers of Catan. Without fail, half way into the game someone will appear too powerful. That person NEVER...