or Connect

Posts by ash471

They would still name the developer as the defendant because the infringing acts occur in the U.S. You can sue a foreign entity in a U.S. court as long as the foreign entity engages in activity in the U.S. There is still no need to sue Apple.
The patent claim is gobbledygook. Supposedly it relates to getting feedback on "commodities." It would be interesting to see why the particular accused infringers were selected. Maybe they collect more feedback on the "user's perception of the commodity" as compared to other app developers. Here is claim 1:1. A system comprising: units of a commodity that can be used by respective users in different locations, a user interface, which is part of each of the units of the...
This does raise an interesting question. You would think this would have been litigated already. Is anyone aware of case law that says copying to multiple devices for own use is a "fair use".
Unfortunately streaming from a cloud is not the same thing as a backup. A backup is fair use. Streaming from the cloud using a copy probably is not. The reason is that the original copy still exists on your computer, which means you could be listening to it on your computer or iPod and streaming to another device using the cloud. That's double dipping and probably won't pass the fair use test. I don't really care which way this comes out, I'm just saying from a...
That is sooooo funny. You obviously have a decent understanding of copyright law.
Speech recognition is possibly one of the most difficult things computer programers have attempted to do on consumer PCs. Nuance and IBM spent decades trying to master the process. Microsoft made an attempt that was so so. Nuance with its "Dragon Naturally Speaking" emerged as the clear winner in the battle (IBM punted and MS has no market share despite giving it away free with windows) The problem is that everyone speaks differently. Nuance has decades of experience...
LOL! Couldn't agree more. 10 year old boys have trouble not cutting in line. Some people never grow up. I don't think Apple should be changing their retail strategy over something like this.
You sure have mastered the art of an argument ad hominem.... This conversation has nothing to do with malaria. It's about whether coffee bean producers are exploiting Nicaraguans. If this conversation is about malaria why would we be talking about huts with no electricity for bean pickers. Since when were bean pickers plagued with malaria? San Jose Costa Rica is at like 4,000 ft elevation. I've never looked into this, but it seems really unlikely there is a malaria...
When I was living in Costa Rica I lived in an apartment next to a house that employed a Nicaraguan as a maid. I had some lengthly conversations about her experience during the guerrilla wars. She relayed a story about her and her neighbors gathering in a church for protection. The fighters came through shooting the hell out of everything. She had her head down and all she could her was rounds of ammunition from automatic weapons. When they left there were dead people...
I never said I grew up in Costa Rica. I said I grew up on a farm in the U.S. And yes I was poor, but not Nicaraguan immigrant poor. I never even said I spent a lot of time in Costa Rica. I lived in San Jose for less than a year. I did however live in Mexico for several years amongst some very poor people, only a few of which did not have electricity. I certainly had electricity everywhere I lived (and money to buy a bus pass for the family that didn't have...