or Connect

Posts by ash471

yes, agreed.  They obviously knew mobile was going to be successful. Steve Jobs made bold statements about it. Someone deserves a kick in the pants for doing nothing about the mobile strategy for pages over the last 5 years. 
ummmm, "fucked" is a six letter word. LOL, learn to count. You missed the point. I'm saying creating pictures, emails, etc. is worthy content creation.  Just because I create different content doesn't mean I'm not creating content.  To keep with your analogy, you are saying that a semi isn't a vehicle because it can't dump like a dump truck.  I'm calling BS on that assumption.  A semi is a vehicle even though it can't dump. An iPhone is computer even if it can't do Word...
Agreed, in other words, they should have left the Mac version alone until the iOS version had feature parity.  What they really need to do is kick the development into high gear and produce a better product than MS.  That would be a good use of some portion of that $159 billion.  What's the problem Apple?  Can't afford to develop the iWork platform? 
You are way over thinking it.  Google can do no wrong because they make all their money from advertising and those ad revenues are growing at 37%, despite the PC industry sinking.  In other words, even if PC sales go to zero, Google is still going to make money because the people that own PC are still using them and receiving ads.  Apple sells a commodity hardware that will eventually succumb to the pricing pressures and the inability to make significant improvements. At...
hmmmm, the problem here is that Google continues to grow and Apple is not. Yes Apple has a very nice business and is making more money than Google, but investors are looking at the future, not today, and the data suggests that Google is continuing to grow. It doesn't matter that the PC market is shrinking. The data suggests that the people are continuing to use PCs for doing Google searches and despite the decrease in sales, ad revenue from these PCs are still...
Agreed.  That's the problem with Pages and Numbers.  I still think Apple is doing the right thing by starting over with the build and focusing on iOS.  The hope is that one day Apple will add all the desktop features to the iOS version, in which case Apple will be ripe for taking over Microsoft's market.  Mark my words, MS is in BIG trouble for the long term.  The market is going to be split between Android and iOS and iOS is better for enterprise than Android.  MS is...
Pages isn't suitable for business people.  It can't do paragraph numbers, which in my case are required by law sometimes. I hope one day Apple will pull its head out of its ass and add simple features like paragraph numbering.   
Exactly.  MS is going to find out that it is really tough to compete with FREE.  Mark my words, 5 years from now everyone is going to say,  "wow, I never thought Pages and Numbers could supplant Word and Excel."Apple is building the right structure into Pages and Numbers.  Now if they will just add the features business people need.  I mean seriously, how hard is it to add things like line numbers and paragraph numbers.  
I think Apple would like Pages to become the universal word processing software.  Apple didn't put much effort into Pages between 2009 and 2013 because it wasn't clear how Pages would ever supplant MS Word since Apple has a closed platform. Apple couldn't achieve universal compatibility unless it took 100% of the PC market, which clearly is NEVER going to happen.  However, they have cracked the nut so to speak by making Pages 100% compatible between Mac, iOS, and iCloud....
I also think Apps are themselves content.  In other words, the content that is created on the iOS platform is the content that gets uploaded to the App Store or the Cloud.  In that regard, there is vastly more content being created on the iOS platform than Microsoft.  I have about 5 apps I use on my Mac and dozens of apps I use on my iPhone and iPad.  What authority figure deemed content creation by the user more superior than content creation by software developers?