or Connect

Posts by mercury99

I switched from ATT iPhone to Sprint Android Evo 4g due to a terrible ATT reception and slow spotty 3g which would constantly switch to EDGE. The EVO 4g speeds are phenomenal and no dropped calls. I also love huge LCD screen besides web browser runs in full-screen mode making it even bigger, 8mp camera with autofocus, HDMI out, FM radio, USB mountable drive. Cool pattern-based screen lock. I have not noticed any issues with Pandora audio.
There is a famous story about a meeting between Yahoo and Microsoft which took place when Yahoo was still a small start-up. Yahoo was growing at neck-breaking speed and David Filo and Jerry Yang were invited to Redmond to talk about working together. The meeting turned into a disappointment when Steve Ballmer joined the conversation and gave his opinion on the future of search engines. According to Ballmer Search Engines were a temporary solution to a temporary...
Oh, close to nothing. They make their own flash memory, RAM and LCD panels: all in China.
I expected $300. Silly me. Android tablets go on eBay from little over $100. Selling Samsung at Apple prices it's like selling Kia at Mercedes price.
Yes, their plasmas are the best. I own one of the first Pioneer TVs and it still beats most of the current LCDs in picture quality. Still no burn-in in 6 years. However plasma technology is on the way out and Apple would not be interested in plasma. It would be interesting though to see Apple going into some type of integrated home theater/TV/computer market.
Facebook and Tweeter - bad idea. With Semantic Web revolution approaching all these fragmented social networking web sites will vanish. There will be just one global semantic web database, one global user pool connected by semantic properties. Google with its primitive keyword search will be irrelevant and it will vanish. Semantic search will be 1000 times more intelligent and it will be done by simple AJAX widgets. Adobe, Sony, Time Warner, Verizon, AMD - these are...
Except Pioneer does not make TVs anymore.
Blockbuster is a much better deal
Adobe will go eventually. To MSFT, AAPL, GOOG or even ORCL. I still think APPL should acquire ADBE. There are many strategic reasons, but after all ADBE is in very profitable business selling plastic.
Fragmented OS is bad for developers but good for consumers. They simply have more iPhone choices which would lead to more iPhone purchases. This is good for Apple and for its stock price. I recently switched from iPhone to Android Evo 4g due to the terrible ATT service: I just could not make phone calls! Man, that Evo rocks. Not only it has 4.3" screen, unlike iPhone it hides top and bottom browser bars in full screen mode, making screen even bigger relative to iPhone...