or Connect

Posts by markbyrn

The title should be re-worded to "Apple disappoints clueless investor pundits while making huge profits"  
If anybody has just installed from the App Store, is it build 12A269?  
Of course, I use Windows and I have two different security suites to try and keep out the countless number of worms and viruses that are created nearly everyday for the MS platform.  But to suggest that iOS is insecure because it might be used as a conduit to transmit a Windows virus is absurd and I certainly don't want iOS to be bloated with Windows AV scanners.  
That's hilarious - it's a Windows virus hiding in an iOS app.  
The legions of tech pundits that shill for Android and Microsoft will will spin this as an Apple mea-culpa on security and how iOS/OS X is as insecure and malware ridden as Android and Windows.  
AI, how about changing the title; should be iPod Touch instead of just iPod - as you should know, there's four versions of the iPod.
This is bad news for the legions of tech pundit shills who tout anything but Apple. I can just imagine Leo Laporte throwing his Galaxy S III against the wall in frustration and trying to figure out how he can tout it even more on his MacBreak Weekly, iPad Today, and other podcasts, err 'netcasts'.
Exactly, and Apple should probably take a page out of Google's book and offer up a nice cash reward for those who identify these type of exploits.  Instead, Apple's wall of silence and Mr. Double Down on Secrecy won't react until the exploit is out in the wild and they're being skewered by the tech media, humbled by the hackers, and than forced out of their cocoon of silence to do PR & damage control.  
And so when iOS 6 rolls out with increased privacy controls and requires user permission when an app attempts to access to contacts, calendar, etc. (making this removed app obsolete), the pundits will whine that the pop-up dialogs are a major annoyance.  
What?