or Connect

Posts by markbyrn

Yes, Sewell is busy with lawsuits that have garnered Apple nothing m  ore than pyrrhic victories and stalemates.  In the case of EPEAT, the legal department should have vociferously recommended against abandoning EPEAT due to federal compliance laws that would cost the company government contracts.  Let's remember that Apple was already in compliance except for perhaps the new MacBook Pro Retina.  Perhaps Sewell did that - I doubt it just as I doubt that he's he's...
Actually he blamed his Mobile Me team, telling them that they had “tarnished Apple’s reputation,” and that they, “should hate each other for having let each other down.”   In this EPEAT issue, Cook executed a fast u-turn before there was damage that might have required him to personally apologize.  
When the iPhone first came, out, Jobs initially didn't allow 3rd party applications to 'pollute it's integrity' but eventually changed his mind, and of course he presided over the Mobile Me debacle and pulled the plug. That's a good sign when a CEO recognizes mistakes and has has the flexibility to change or even reverse course as Cook did here.
I have a sneaking suspicion that the original decision flew under the radar of Tim Cook and he was oblivious to the implications, especially in terms of negative public perception and the loss of government contracts. After the fact, Cook woke up the reality (maybe got an earful from folks like Al Gore) and thus Mansfield was ordered to fall on his sword. More so than Mansfield, I would suggest that Apple's General Counsel (Bruce Sewell) be replaced at the soonest...
Hmm AI, are you sure about that? I read this story on a couple of other site (ABC & HuffPo) and they said the range is a 100-200 feet - more likely and functional than a few feet.
Deleted
It's still there.
Oh yes, Steve wouldn't wear something like that. Oh wait, here's a picture of him in a suit, tie and name tag in 2007. Steve was watching his buddy Al Gore receive the Nobel Peace Prize for inventing the Internet or inventing Global Warming - one of the two.
Actually they did announce the feature (iCloud Tabs) in iOS6 - see http://www.apple.com/ios/ios6/
To quote from an Ars Technica article concerning Windows 8 minimum requirements, "there’s a wide gap between a system that can run Windows 8 and a system that can run it well." From their perspective, the run it well machines would be in the neighborhood of 5 years old and earlier. I've been running Windows 8 preview on a Dell Inspiron e1705, circa 2007 and I'd classify it as run it mediocre. As such, I'd be reticent to tout Microsoft's support for old machines.