or Connect

Posts by markbyrn

I have a sneaking suspicion that the original decision flew under the radar of Tim Cook and he was oblivious to the implications, especially in terms of negative public perception and the loss of government contracts. After the fact, Cook woke up the reality (maybe got an earful from folks like Al Gore) and thus Mansfield was ordered to fall on his sword. More so than Mansfield, I would suggest that Apple's General Counsel (Bruce Sewell) be replaced at the soonest...
Hmm AI, are you sure about that? I read this story on a couple of other site (ABC & HuffPo) and they said the range is a 100-200 feet - more likely and functional than a few feet.
Deleted
It's still there.
Oh yes, Steve wouldn't wear something like that. Oh wait, here's a picture of him in a suit, tie and name tag in 2007. Steve was watching his buddy Al Gore receive the Nobel Peace Prize for inventing the Internet or inventing Global Warming - one of the two.
Actually they did announce the feature (iCloud Tabs) in iOS6 - see http://www.apple.com/ios/ios6/
To quote from an Ars Technica article concerning Windows 8 minimum requirements, "there’s a wide gap between a system that can run Windows 8 and a system that can run it well." From their perspective, the run it well machines would be in the neighborhood of 5 years old and earlier. I've been running Windows 8 preview on a Dell Inspiron e1705, circa 2007 and I'd classify it as run it mediocre. As such, I'd be reticent to tout Microsoft's support for old machines.
Forced to upgrade? You mean Apple is holding a gun to your head or your 5+ year old Mac will suffer a seizure and stop working on the day ML comes out?
If Apple had put out this tablet, they would be skewered by the tech pundits for it being Wi-Fi only, no retina display, max capacity of 16 GB, and no rear facing camera. Google does it and the tech pundits swallow the Kool-Aid and tout it no end.
Pressed for more targeted as? AI, we got some serious grammatical issues here. Also, why would Cook sitting in some session about Israel vs Iran indicate that an HDTV is in the works?