or Connect

Posts by mralston

Maybe they ignored Siri because, in my experience at least, it doesn't work whilst driving. I have tried to use it several times and been frustrated every time. The first problem is that the car noise means that it often doesn't pick up what I've said properly, the second problem is that the network signal whilst driving is rarely good enough to send the request off to Apple's servers. I can only speak for my own experience, but I've found it to be absolutely useless as a...
Well, they're 40 digit hexadecimal strings, so that's 16^40 = 1.46×10^48 possible combinations. If I've worked it out right, that's 14,600,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ,000,000,000,000. I don't even know the words to describe a number with that many zeros after it. With a brute force attack even with a shed load of distributed computing power they're gonna be at it for ever. A better method would be a dictionary attack, which wouldn't take too long if they...
Probably, although were there's one sloppy security hole there are bound to be others, waiting to be discovered.
These usernames are those users authorised to connect to the MySQL database on the relevant server. Whilst information like this being public is NEVER a good idea, there are several factors that lower the "defcon" level here: The passwords are indeed encrypted and would require a bruteforce attack to decode. The database server may (and should) be behind a firewall limiting access to trusted IP addresses (or better yet over a VPN or local subnet). If so, knowing the...
Is it just my imagination, or has Apple updated Back To My Mac on the quiet? I've had it switched on on all of my Macs since it was released, but it never worked because my firewalls (all Cisco) won't allow PMP or uPnP. All of a sudden, sometime over Christmas I think, it started working. I was at a friend's house and noticed that my Macs at home and the office were both showing up in Finder and both file & Screen Sharing were working. Has anybody else noticed...
My 64MB WiFi + 3G (plus case and Orange SIM card) shipped today. I ordered it at 6:30am on Monday 10th May. Just bookmarked applestore.bridge-point.com ...I think I might make it my home page! :-) I forsee very little productive work happening on Friday...