or Connect

Posts by Cpsro

Well, la-di-da, la-di-da. Verizon having fun now.
If you care about privacy, don't backup to iCloud; Do an encrypted local backup via iTunes. Restoring to a new iPhone from iTunes is also much faster than from iCloud, and your account passwords will get restored, too, from an encrypted backup. If iTunes says your computer has insufficient free storage for a backup, make sure you've deleted old backups that are no longer needed. (Instructions for this are easily found on the www.)
You call it stupid. I call it a man on a mission. I've been there with the mentality and I know many others who were, too. A person sees their calling in life and nothing is going to stop them from achieving greatness. That said, I look forward to seeing the Sorkin film and will interpret in my own personal context.
I'm wondering if the "tooth" doesn't mainly derive from the Pencil's nib, and not from any substantive change to the display surface, as Apple will be selling replacement nibs for it.
Bring it on Big T!
My sense of the 6s Plus vs. the 6 Plus is that focusing is slower and less accurate with the new model in moderate to low light. My 6s Plus camera does a lot of "hunting" and often takes a fuzzy photo under these conditions. (Not likely a "defective" unit either, since the same behavior was seen on two different 6s Pluses.)    I do have Live Photos turned off. Yes, hopefully what I'm seeing is addressed in a sw update.
No, are you a member of the Thought Police, too, along with Apple?
Coverups can be worse than the "crimes". So much moolah at stake, particularly on Apple's side.   Why is Tim Cook allowed to mouth off (and win awards) but Josh Begley (author of Metadata+) isn't? Concession to the CIA and NSA?
Not at the prices Samsung likely wants to charge for OLED. OLED is Samsung's only positively distinguishing feature. They undoubtably would want to charge Apple a very high premium for it. The LCDs Apple uses instead perform well enough.
The cost of the lost privacy is higher than that. Who knows if Google profits directly from the hardware sale? It might be important enough for Google's public image (and feelings of self-worth) to sell at a loss. That's why I don't put much stock in these prices. Under the Google umbrella, these devices are all part of maintaining advertising revenue, paid for by higher prices for the items you buy. If Google is involved in your purchasing decisions, you will pay indirectly.