or Connect

Posts by Cpsro

Understatement of the Year.
People can do a lot better than Gazelle, which likely paid for this advertisement. Just for example, Amazon trade-ins are easy and will bring up to $433 (in credit).   Shop around!   I personally have come to prefer Amazon over others because it's a painless interaction (knock on wood). I don't like having to argue on the phone about non-existent flaws claimed by a gruff representative for the buyer who wants to give me a terrible valuation after promising a high one....
Paying by check has another security "benefit": your full account information is printed on every one of them. With this knowledge alone, a thief can make an unauthorized wire transfer out of your account, no secret PIN required.
NIH Syndrome
Don't blame Apple or Nokia. Blame the rest of Norway for a lack of innovation.
His comments are the beginnings of just that. A couple times in the interview, though, he seems to be speaking in code to say, "Ignore what I ask for as a public law enforcement official--it's really not in your best interest."
The credit card information is not stored on your iPhone or at Apple. Only when the credit card is originally linked to the iPhone is the credit card information transmitted to the bank, to generate a unique proxy for the card. The proxy definition is stored in private space on the iPhone, in the Secure Element of the NFC chip. The proxy is used in a one-time password scheme for each purchase. Even if a third party manages to intercept and decrypt the one-time password, it...
6.8 pounds??!!!Only 5 hours battery life??!!!Not water/dirt resistant.Almost no stereo separation.WINNING!
What do their golden parachute clauses look like?
As soon as the Apple contract is nullified, GTAT will be making sapphire panes for Samsung, using hundreds of millions of dollars of Apple seed money.