or Connect

Posts by Cpsro

The fraudster was clearly able to bend the phone with his hands, BUT a slight bend was already present. The structural integrity of the phone had already been compromised (off screen) before he attempted to bend the phone manually. He provides no real information about what it took to create the initial bend. His introduction is intended to suggest the slight bend was created merely by carrying the phone in his pocket, but he doesn't say the bend was actually created that...
I wonder why Apple doesn't implement it over wi-fi for all Macs, since they have it working over wi-fi between iPad and iPhone. (I keep BT disabled mainly for better battery life.)
Handoff activated?   OT: I can now receive (and can accept) cell phone calls on my iPad that were directed to my AT&T iPhone (6+). Both are running 8.0.2. The iPad does have cellular hardware, but receiving calls requires the iPhone and iPad being on the same Wi-Fi network, independent of having the cellular modem active. I can also make phone calls to landlines from the iPad using the FaceTime app. FaceTime says it's using my iPhone to route the call. 
Why hasn't Apple pushed a patch already? It takes more effort to construct a press release than to patch. And it's not like pushing an album out to everyone that relatively few people want.
Oh, obviously. If they didn't have an iPhone 6/6+, they had no issue. Obviously. Just a few million iPhone 6/6+ customers were vulnerable, and fortunately for the vast majority of them, Apple pulled the update before they could grab it.
The iPhone 6/6+ is unreleased hardware? 
Gosh, I feel so lucky and privileged to have experienced the bug... and lost an entire afternoon in recovery, not knowing what or when Apple would do anything about it.
That is terribly disturbing. I wish I hadn't seen it. Let the Ballmer Center for Disadvantaged Platforms pay for it.
The behavior ought to be universal across all 6 Pluses, but many people might not know what to look for. I've noticed stuttering in the graphics. Some of this might be caused by diagnostics inserted in the original release of 8.0 that will eventually be removed, but I kind of doubt the effect of diagnostics would be so extreme. 
Of course, 64 bits registers aren't needed for that, but they do make addressing 128 GB of storage more efficient. The 64-bit ARM instruction set also supports twice the registers (32 integer and 32 floating point) for even greater speed. This is twice the registers of Intel's latest Xeons. That's much of the reason why the A8 processor in the iPhone 6 is basically as fast* as Samsung S5, despite having half as many cores and running at a vastly slower clock rate (for...