or Connect

Posts by Cpsro

If everyone cancels their pending Watch orders at once, you might be able to write Apple a check for $200, with free shipping included.
In some cases, mere template and datatypes can convey much of what's needed to reverse engineer a product (or key elements of it). This information can be gleaned from a single source file or portion thereof, yet a single dump from Microsoft's tool might include many source files. If you don't understand the need for secrecy in product development, then you're not developing (or investing) in a competitive field. And if you're wondering why Microsoft would care, consider...
I guess you haven't seen how little a vastly larger iPhone battery costs in single quantities at retail from third parties. Let's say the IHS estimate is off by 50%. That still means the low-end Watch components cost less than $42. Oh, did Cook say the estimates were much too low? I thought he meant too high.  IMHO Tim Cook's statement was made to avoid outside estimates undermining Apple Watch sales at a critical moment in the device's history when more sales (and...
You don't know what's in the dump! The dump will likely contain human readable text ("pure code"). Parsing is an integral part of any code editor. If the editor crashes, Microsoft will want to know why. The user's code will be sent to Microsoft, kept on file indefinitely, under who-knows-what security, for browsing by who-knows?
Even if MS doesn't want to see people's code, the mere fact that proprietary code might be sent to MS and the disposition of that information is out of the developer's hands creates a potential privacy/security/business/investment issue. No one with code they care about protecting should use this tool.
Not very Swift.
"By downloading and using Visual Studio Code, you agree to the license terms and privacy statement for Visual Studio Code. When this tool crashes, we automatically collect crash dumps so we can figure out what went wrong. If you don't want to send your crash dumps to Microsoft, don't install this tool." [emphasis added]   The price of "free" here is that MS gets to see your code. Needless to say, along with Windows, this piece of MS software will not grace any of my...
Today's quarterly report is for the period ending March 31st, which ends before even the pre-order date for Apple watches. I wouldn't expect any quantitative data concerning Apple watch orders or shipments to be released today.
Can BT and Wi-Fi be disabled without turning off the watch, to prevent obsequious tracking? How fast/difficult is it to do? I realize this would disable much of the watch's functionality, since it works wireless with an iPhone, but the personal tracking going on in stores is on the verge of becoming ridiculous. If all wireless can be disabled, what functionality remains?   In the iBook guide, I see Airplane Mode is accessible with a swipe.
TL;DR It's basically useless