or Connect

Posts by Cpsro

You can make a difference.
Fast forward 10 years to today, and Nest isn't the only game in town for saving money on your heating/cooling. Shop around, you may find (like I did) other products that work better in your situation than Nest's. Some are more expensive, but better/more appropriate.
As for quality of design and implementation, the Nest thermostat is closer to the Samsung Galaxy Gear than to an iPod or touch.
Better re-read those Nest terms and conditions, and watch out for revisions. Nest may stay independent, but you can count on user data flowing back to the mother ship. With Nest motion sensors, Google will be watching you all the time.   I feel even more satisfied now at having ditched Nest for a Honeywell Prestige 2.0 thermostat.
I don't recall ever using AT&T as my search engine. Keep Google usage confined to search, that's as far as I can stomach going.
Remember: Google doesn't play the patent game, and they didn't pay $12B for Motorola Mobility just to get its patent portfolio. The fact that MM sued Apple was just a joke. Really it was. (Unfortunately for them, the joke was on Google.)
How about an article on AI about how Apple has decided not to issue security updates for OS X versions prior to Mavericks?
No, it's not--the blogs that say it is a bargain fall all over themselves to make it look that way. However, it's kinda tough right now to build a system with 6 TB2 ports or to build such a powerful system that's that small. If that's what you need, you'll have to buy the new MP. If you've got a few custom configuration skills, you can build a more powerful and more (internally) expandable system for the same price or less.
You've never seen the Honeywell Prestige. It's intuitive, like having an iPod touch on the wall, and it does what you tell it, not what it (wrongly) thinks is right.I'm not a Honeywell rep. I'm a severely disappointed, former Nest customer who is very happy with the Prestige.But you can go ahead an love your fancy doorknob all day long.
Honeywell thermostats have done that for years before Nest, for both heat and AC. Also starting the fan a tad early. The Nest menu system seems a lot like the Samsung Galaxy Gear menus which have been trashed in the press. I could never remember how to access what. The Nest UI is kludgy for everything but setting the temperature.