or Connect

Posts by jason98

Wall Street obviously believes that the days of making money on hardware will soon be over. They want to see a recurrent revenue model (this is why they LOVE Google and especially Amazon with 1300+ PE ratio ).  Maybe they are right but they are betting on it too soon I think. In the mean time Apple should think how to spend their billions to turn the ecosystem into a money making business.
  It depends on the service charge they will choose. They could obviously tune it in such a way that service + principle + interest = VZ/ATT fees.
  And it won't even end up with this. Eventually I believe Google will even pay you to get a phone or a tablet (for example in a form of free or discounted Data access, Amazon does it already though Kindle's price is still above $0)
  For the consumer, there is no much of a difference between a subsidy and a partial credit (what T-Mobile seems to want to do) besides a choice to pay outright with lower monthly fees or get it cheap and pay more every month.
Next quarter they might approach or cross $150 billion mark. I think it is just unprecedented. And most of the money is a return on an original investment into the iPhone. Could have been much better for Apple today, if they simply bought out all the multi-touch related patents before the original iPhone release. When they were cheap, when it was obvious for Apple how big this disruption is going to be, and not so obvious to anyone else.
My local Costco sells some Samsung Tabs no one seems to be interested in. Funny thing is they are stacked against rows full of iDevice accessories, but not a trace of a single iDevice in store. Wonder whether I should just quit my membership as this situation starting to piss me off.
  The home button is an archaism. The era of edge-to-edge button-less design is coming and nothing can stop it.  
Android is moving to edge-to-edge screens with soft buttons. I do not think the home button has a long life to live as it occupies priceless real estate preventing from further screen size increase. What apple might do is to put the sensor on the back side of the iPhone...
  73% of iOS-6 users can't be wrong by NOT turning on Facebook integration:   http://techcrunch.com/2013/01/04/how-many-mobile-users-does-facebook-have/ "only 27.5 percent of devices have turned on Facebook’s iOS 6 integration"
What a freaking useless feature for the useless product from the useless company. Target audience - wasted teenagers and soccer moms.   But how does it make the world better? How does it increase the efficiency?