or Connect

Posts by jason98

Not all apps need a single thumb and not all apps need full/wide screen. But different kinds of apps may happily coexist in a single device. If I use a dial pad, 4.6" screen would be an overkill so I am fine if it is confined within 3.5" area. However if I watch hd video, 3.5" is silly. I would also prefer to browse with as much real estate as possible.
Most of the people here seem to associate bigger screen with a bigger phone. But givingi Phone edge-to-edge screen would make it possible to fit 4.6" even keeping the same round corners! Sure the home button as we know it has to go.
Ok, let's bookmark this post and reveal it when Apple does it, I feel it would be much sooner than forever.
No one wants iPhone size increase. It is only about screen and getting rid of the home button (or moving it to side). As I posted in the different thread: Calculations show that by making display edge-to-edge wide (2 1/4 inches instead of just 2) and round-corner-to-round-corner long (4 inches instead of 3), the diagonal would be square root of (4^2 + 2.25^2) = 4.58938994 which is in line with the previous rumor. Without making screen width edge-to-edge the maximum for...
Thanks, but I will stick with my 2+ year old iPhone-4.
There is no way I am upgrading if it is less than 4". I want a bigger screen (ideally 4.5+) in the same form factor.
It's quite opposite for me actually. It's the home button that I hit accidentally while playing games.
Nice excuse. So what makes it so difficult to put that damn home button on the edge of the device along with power and volume buttons?
Calculations show that by making display edge-to-edge wide (2 1/4 inches instead of just 2) and round-corner-to-round-corner long (4 inches instead of 3), the diagonal would be square root of (4^2 + 2.25^2) = 4.58938994 which is in line with the rumor Without making screen width edge-to-edge the maximum for the current form factor issquare root of (4^2 + 2^2) = 4.47213595
This is achievable in the current form factor by eliminating/squeezing the home button and moving camera/speaker to the edge.They can execute it with ease and no pain for developers and users. All existing apps just run in the same resolution. Top/bottom screen areas may stay off or get used by OS notifications, multi-task controls etc.The new apps that wish to utilize full screen (like browser, video players) just use new APIs to access the full wide display. Very very...