or Connect

Posts by jason98

Do not see how that was Apple's motivation. Especially when they are going to start serving HD movies online.
I don't get Apple with this camera upgrade. Why upgrading least used back camera? Seriously, who is using it? Why not to bring HD quality to the front camera for better experience in FaceTime, Skype, PhotoBooth, etc? I can imagine front vs back camera use in iPad is at least 100 to 1.
I ended up ordering AT&T model. I am hoping if a carrier abroad will support one of the frequencies (700 or 2100) it would be compatible once I put their sim card.
Do not really care about 2G and even 3G. AT&T model seems to offer dual LTE band (700,2100). Does it mean it could be potentially more usable while travelling once LTE is adopted in the rest of the world?
It is really frustrating that AT&T and Verizon LTE ipads are not interchangeable. Which one to choose?
Yes, "universal apps" will have to contain background images in all possible resolutions (But that's pretty much what they do anyways). Although not all apps need background images, I would imagine board/table games would have to do that to utilize full-screen mode.
No that's not what I meant. No automatic shrinks and expands. The old apps (or bezel requiring apps) are still confined in the middle M x N area with the soft-bezel turned off (or used by iOS, e.g. notifications, gestures, etc) The new full-screen "bezel-aware" apps will have to be updated by developers (for example by increasing resolution of a background image by adding m/n pixels to it).
The app part is actually the easiest and can be introduced and handled without much pain. Assuming the resolution of the tablet was M x N, after introducing a soft-bezel it effectively becomes (M + 2m) x (N + 2n), where m/n are widths in pixels occupying vertical/horizontal bezel areas. The old apps (unaware of the software bezels or the ones not needing one like iBooks) will keep using M x N area. The new apps that may take advantage of full screen mode (like video...
I already mentioned all handle-related use cases (e.g. book reading), can be resolved simply by having software-enabled (virtual) bezel. Full screen use cases (video watch, board games, photo frame, etc) would utilize full area of the edge-to-edge screen.
Why do you think the zero-bezel is a Sci-Fi? Samsung and LG already make TVs with bezel as small as 1mm. The tech is surely there.