or Connect

Posts by jason98

Apple may have lost $1b by not keeping ARM. But it have lost much more by not buying out all 3rd party multi-touch patents and ip before 2007 release of iPhone. Without multi-touch Android would have been far from where it is now.
  I thought Oprah is all but sold to Microsoft and its RT Tablet, she even tweeted about it to the world from her iPad. :)
With a convex home button Apple won't be able to claim true 7.6mm thickness, otherwise they gonna put themselves in line with the rest of the manufacturerers who discount camera bump from overall thickness of their devices.
  That would make perfect sense. So many more gestures would open up for both OS and app developers. Also, integrating the sensor into the Home button will make the road to a zero bezel way longer than I anticipated. :(
So why does it impact older Samsung products only as many sources are reporting now? Doesn't S4 use multi-touch?
Exactly my thoughts. I've been patiently waiting for physical bezels and home button removed and replaced with a soft virtual bezel. Not gonna happen especially if the fingerprint sensor integrated with the home button (on iPhone first then ipad) and not with the multi touch screen.
  Not surprising at all. My teenage kid is using my old iPhone 4 unlocked from AT&T and I just (pre)pay $30 per month for 5GB data, unlimited texting and 100 minutes of talk time. Compared that to the rest of the operators.
Every time I travel to Russia, my friends and relatives there ask me to bring them iPhone.   They can only buy one for $1k there while the unlocked iPhone is only $700 including tax in my local Apple store.
If you have kids going to college or schools or if you are a student yourself, you will have a better deal on apples educational pricing which includes discount and 100$ iTunes card as a part of the back to school promotion.
  This 41MP camera is not a gimmick. It is legitimate technique that can either 1) eliminate noise by means of supersampling  or 2) allow lossless zoom. Most people here seem to completely ignore the fact that the nominal picture size is just 5MP. Kudos to Nokia for that. I hope Apple will not ignore it, though looking how slow Apple is innovating the iPhone recently, it could be a very distant future:   Things I've been patiently waiting from Apple which are already...