or Connect

Posts by redhanded

The iPhone podcast app that uses a reel-to-reel tape recorder is truly appalling.  As an interface, it does't work, as they seem to have concentrated on fitting in tape reels rather than making the controls easy to use.  I could live with the interface if the app itself was any good, but it isn't.  It is buggy and just doesn't work properly.   What inspired them to use a reel-to-reel recorder, something that people under about 30 may only have seen in old movies or a...
"There is an error in the App store.  Please try again later (100)" in the UK (£13.99)
The thing is, the people receiving the message "Swan 930" aren't confused. They know it means a pub called the Swan and not an invitation to see Swan Lake the ballet. My point is that since siri can't accurately translate an 8 character text message that I send at least once a week, I'll just continue to send the text the "old fashioned way" with my fingers. And because siri can't handle one of the apparently simpler things that I do on the phone, I don't really have the...
I'd be interested to know how it is getting this feedback. Where the user does not proceed with something that siri comes back with, do they check what was recorded vs what siri came up with? Where the user has to manually correct text that siri comes up with (for example, the body of a text message), do they also send the text message up to the siri servers to compare with what siri came up with?
For me, it won't read emails but it will read new text messages.
I tried email body text of "meet me at the swan for 9:30 PM," and got "meet me at the 14 9:30PM" (that confused me until I realised 14 was "one four" rather than "fourteen"...)"Wales" (the country) is a tough one and I was expecting something like "Whales" (the sea mammal) rather than "Wheels". siri obviously doesn't follow the rugby world cup.I've tried all of my local drinking haunts and got 100% failure on "Tabard", unsurprisingly siri thinks I was talking about...
Nah, not upset. Just giving the previous reply a lesson on what the word "literally" means! All I was trying to do was get siri to send a text message. - Hold down home button to get siri prompt- Say "text "- Siri responds with "What do you want to say to "- Say "Swan 930"- Siri responds with "'s one 930"My guess is that when composing the body of a text message, there is a lot less context to work with than after a word like "text" or "call"...
I wasn't asking siri to find The Swan. I already know where it is. I said it was my local pub FFS.Try "Text " then for the text message "Swan 930" or "Meet me in The Swan 930" and see what you get.I didn't know about the text correct feature... but that just brings you into iMessage to correct a text message that I could have typed correctly in the first place. As for your comment "literally there is nothing right...", words fail me (obviously not as bad as...
I'm totally underwhelmed with siri so far. The name of my local pub is "The Swan" and it appears frequently in my texts... The closest siri can get it to this is " 's one " or "This one" - neither of which will get people to come down the pub. Even spelling it out produces weird results like "SW a N" and there doesn't seem to be any way to correct mistakes or train the recognition. If I can't use it to send the simplest of text messages I send every week then I...
I hope Apple can make it transparent to the user between sending messages to people with iPhones and people without. The majority of my text messages are to groups of people ("Meet in pub at 9") and the iPhone is quite good at this as you can just scroll back through the list of previous messages and pick the group you want to send a message to. Within groups, some people may have iPhones, others won't and it would be dumb and frustrating to use 2 different ways to...