or Connect

Posts by FrenchMac

That Apple choose that developers call their app with XL or HD to underline the fact that they run in the native resolution of the iPad is actually a very good idea! Why? Because it simply mean that this kind of applications is not bound to the sole iPad but is poise to make an appearance on another device: the iPhone. Over time more and more applications will be badged "XL" or "HD"... It seems the next logical step that iPhone gain a say 800x480 screen resolution like its...
It seems a logical step that the 2.1 update to the iPhone OS integrates some new features. It could be music oriented features (like a new version of the iPod application), support for an iPod remote (and FM), support for Nike+ device, usb mass storage support or more generally anything that brigde the gap between the classic iPod and the iPod touch (there is still some things that a classic iPod can do and that a iPod touch cannot). iPhone OS 2.0 has bring a lot of new...
But nobody knows for sure if these photos are fake or not... In the meantime, only 12 hours to wait...
Here is a link to a site that publish photos reportedly sent to an reseller. On the photos, we can see a iPhone with a slightly different front face and a front camera. Here is a link to the photos: http://web-mobile.net/ http://www.hardmac.com/ I don't say that they are legits... check for yourself... FrenchMac
I agree with you in some way. The Android SDK is opened and base on Java which makes for easier to develop applications. And Android phone can be customize by the phone maker in many way... But the big difference is that it will be more difficult for a Android phone to attain the same level of UI experience than the iPhone. You just have to play some time with the Android Emulator to realize it. Android will be more polished over time but it is always more difficult for...
Those reading TUAW.com and 9to5mac.com have also read that some people playing with a jailbroken 1.1.3 iPhone have discover to new OS X Mobile platform (which add to the current M68 iPhone and N45 iPod touch): a simulator and the N82 platform... Link to an 9to5mac.com article There is no question that the simulator could be for the yet unannounced SDK. But what about the N82 model? Could it be a new iPhone? A new tablet? Or something else? I tend to think that it could...
The leaked interface concept videos clearly shows more animations and transition that the current video iPod. It certainly an hint that OS X could be into these things. And for the remaining fourth iPod model, I hope that they will split the line of full screen iPod in two models: one with a smaller storage capacity (be it flash or hard drive based) and one with a bigger storage capacity (thicker due to the bigger hard drive), a bigger battery and wifi. It would be...
I would have thought that the nano could get a 320x240 screen (the same as the one on the full size iPod). It would be then a full width iPod nano (but with a smaller height). With this screen, the nano could be able to play video and film to increase to number of devices able to play such media. This would increase the number of target for the iTune store (to sell/rent more film and video, and so to provide more of them). In the WSJ interview, Steve Job said that he...
I use the column view as my default too 'cause it's the most handy for navigating an directory tree but I still find it lacking information. The new Cover Flow view could be handy for exploring a directory full of image (this kind of view was lacking previously from the finder).
A think a would like to see in Leopard (and that I was expected) is a way to manipulate Metadata on file: creating metadata, selecting which meta data to show in list view, etc... Since Tiger, we've got the possibility to create metadata in the filesystem using the command line. I was hoping that this possibility would be extended to the finder. Also, a way to have more information displayed in column view would be cool. I'm using a Mac and a Windows machine on my...