or Connect

Posts by TailsToo

I do feel like a fool for having bought the iPad 3.It does seem like Apple is cutting corners in some areas, when the introduce some new exciting feature. Look at the retina MacBook Pro, the first one was a little underpowered in the GPU department compared to the current revs.When Apple comes out with their first 4K laptop, I guess I'll wait until the second revision.
Even with 802.11ac speeds, you would not see a performance gain with an SSD vs a spinning drive. Other than reliability, there's no reason for an SSD, and since they are so much more expensive, a traditional HD would be a better choices for a wireless backup.
Sorry, no ability to upgrade the RAM, and I wouldn't touch the laptop. I wish Apple would rethink making things so thin. I don't know of anyone who said that their old 13" MacBook Pro was too heavy. If the cost of thiner is no longer being able to better your computer, then it's not worth doing.
How dare anyone mess with the temple of the Steve?
How about Thunderbolt to USB 3???
So they can beat apple by copying apple? They only way Sony can win is to come up with something to change the game. The name Sony doesnt draw people the way it used to. They have to be better than apple.
Apple does seem to change the device name with major exterior changes (3G-3GS, 4->4S).
I think that I have it right - A tablet is something that you need to be motivated to buy. An iPhone is a phone - hundreds of millions of people have them. Apple is still the most hip brand, so people will buy an iPhone without really even understanding why it's different than Android. An iPad might be cool, but the market is no where near what the phone market is. And subsidized pricing makes it even cheaper (up front) for someone to own an iPhone.
Just about everyone uses a mobile phone now. If it's time to buy a new one, people are going to buy whatever iPhone they can get. Tablets are another matter - not many people NEED a tablet. They're more like a nice-to-have. Apple has to convince people to make that purchase, and a modest upgrade won't look so good when the competition is trying to do all they can to steal Apple's market share. Hopefully Apple will continue to innovate, and not decide to make this...
The more information that comes out, the more I'm tempted to hold off. A high Res display and Siri are great, but Apple should keep pushing the envelope. "Good enough" is how you go from market leader to an also ran. They have the lead in tablet computing - padding their pockets for year by making a device that isn't cutting edge will harm the company. LTE is pretty common in the Android world, the iPad really needs to have it. It's fine that Apple doesn't want to...