or Connect

Posts by nunyabinez

You are of course right on this. However, I saw an interview with Jony Ive where he talked about how they were careful when designing products not to give them names that had the potential to skew their thinking. When people hear that Apple is working on an iWatch, they automatically assume things about what it will and won't do.  I'm sure that they aren't calling it that at Apple, and there is plenty of evidence that they will include things like biometric sensors, but...
This is why I hate it when people talk about the iWatch. I haven't worn a watch in many years because they are totally redundant in a world with smartphones, wall clocks and clocks on computer screens. If Apple comes out with (primarily) a watch that has a few extra features, I'm not buying. I would however, wear a wrist-worn device that has multiple biometric sensors and the ability to notify me discretely of email, texts and calls. I would be OK if could also display the...
I am so sick of everybody acting like stock price=health of company, because it doesn't. Go and look at the fundamentals of any dozen companies. Compare all the relevant ratios (e.g. profit as a percentage of sale) and then see if there is any rhyme or reason to the price of the stock. You'll find companies all over the place. The stock market is a place where people use companies to gamble their money. But here people manipulate and act irrationally in order to make...
I bet your not an Ultimate Fighting Championship fan either. Some people and players enjoy the violence and it has been such since organized contests were established. Some of us are not that thrilled with the "woosieing up" of sports.
I think they are putting iPad minis in the helmets and the accelerometer sends a signal to the doctor when the player's brain gets rattled.
  It is well known that Jim is an unofficial mouth piece for Apple. Here is what likely happened. Rumor started about AppleTV event. People post all over about it. Apple hears about it. Apple wants to stop the rumor because it isn't true. Call goes out to Jim, "Kill this - now." Jim posts "nope." Threat neutralized. Jim never gets into needless speculation, but when he says yes or no about something he is always right. Some analysts have decent track records, but his role...
The iPhone is assembled in China from parts made all over the world. If you would like to see more of the real story of who is making money off the iPhone, see the diagram below. It is a little complex, but you can see that the iPhone is a "Global" phone and saying it is made in China is actually ridiculous. It is only assembled in China from parts made everywhere, including the US.   "The final assembly and customization of the iPhone takes place at the Foxconn...
I'm like you, no watch for years (although not all the hair has grown back where it used to go). I know if I put one on it would be banging into stuff all the time. And there are simply all kinds of clocks all around me all the time. I don't want a smart watch, no matter what it does. But, I'm sure I'm in the minority.
So, someday I'll be able to fight Darth Vader against Captain Jack Sparrow. That would be epic. /sarcasm
Actually, Kid Rock is on iTunes now too.