or Connect

Posts by nunyabinez

Cool if I was a drug dealer or into one night stands. It seems to me like the nefarious uses for this far our weigh the legitimate ones, but maybe that's just me.
I don't want to dismiss your experience, but something is very atypical with what you describe. A "crash" for a Mac is called a Kernal Panic, and they are extremely rare. I know I have had one or two in all the years of owning macs (I won't count my Hackintosh, which will KP occasionally when I am making serious edits to the system, but even that machine is incredibly stable). The application crashes that I have had have almost exclusively been either MS apps like Word,...
Jerry, I don't think it is sufficient to refute an argument (that MacBooks have increased in sales while netbooks have decreased in sales) but just saying "you're wrong" You can either ask for proof, or provide counter proof, but your response is insufficient. So, if you want to be proactive, refute this if not ask the OP to support.
What has been happening in all kinds of companies is that the executives and upper management bought iPads and brought them to work. They then told IT "make it so I can use this here." IT didn't want them, but the execs did. And once IT is supporting Apple, the flood gates opened. People who have clout started demanding that the company buy them Macs, and even people without clout asked it they could bring their own machines to work. There is a huge trend in BYOC (bring...
For a major portion of his life the guy wore one outfit. It's not like people kept a log of his wardrobe. It is an oddity not usually seen, so it got attention. Hardly using up any significant amount of anyone's life to know the elements of a man's wardrobe when he always wears the same thing.
Most of the media is very sloppy about differentiating a virus from a trojan. My wife and daughter still use Windows and so I have to maintain their machines. I always keep them patched up. But, I can't remember the last time the security software caught something. That's because I taught my wife and daughter three simple things. 1. In life, if something seems too good to be true, it usually isn't true. On the internet it is never true. 2. If someone wants you to click...
Isaacson wasn't basing his statement off of his technical knowledge of mobile operating systems, he was paraphrasing what Steve Jobs said to him. And the whole point of this most recent squabble is not the validity of the claims that Android ripped-off iOS, but that SJ was doing it for show. Isaacson was simply pointing out that right or wrong, SJ was truly pissed of and that he (SJ) believed that it was a wholesale copy. What you are asking for is for SJ to explain why he...
Thank you sir, I appreciate the information!
Can someone either ban this troll or add an ignore function to this site? There have been several sites that I used to visit that I stopped visiting because of this kind of a person. I would hate to stop coming here just so I can avoid this kind of immature behavior. Dude, this is an Apple fan site, not that people can't and shouldn't have legitimate complaints, but you are such an obvious troll, it just ruins it for everyone. Now, look what you did. You made me respond to...
Yeah, that's a good idea as long as you have a really good friend that you can trust.