or Connect

Posts by nunyabinez

i'm sorry, but I have to ask for some reference for your assertion that JB on PS3 is illegal. I don't believe anyone has or could be arrested or sued for that.
Jailbreaking for unsophisticated users is contraindicated. You simply have to change the root password to re-secure your device. But, if figuring that out worries you, you are not a good candidate for a jailbreak.
Yes, by pulling production out of china those workers could all go get high-paying white collar jobs instead and greatly increase their standard of living. /sarcasmAll that would do to the Chinese is force them back to villages and farms where they would struggle. I'm not saying that Apple shouldn't try to help Chinese workers, but it is a very complicated situation and people only get half the information. For example, people hear that employees work long days with no...
I think this is a smart move. Apple employees already get a 25% discount once a year, so when you put $500 with that you get a good incentive to buy a machine. I'm sure there are a few employees that don't have Macs or iPads and this will help them to be better evangelists, especially in the retail space where the employees would be the most likely ones to not own a current product. FYI, I've seen some posts by Apple employees that indicate that the two discounts can be...
In other breaking news, my ex wife thinks I'm a bastard.
Ever since Minoriry Report I have wanted to have something like this.
There is plenty of case law already related to cybersquatting. If you just register the name and do nothing with it you have a hard time defending it. However, if you are running an active site, it becomes more difficult. I believe that Apple did pay for these sites. There is nothing to suggest that the owners turned them over out of the goodness of their hearts. But, you make an offer to buy AFTER you have submitted a law suit to strengthen your position. Apple might have...
Yeah, I am pretty happy with how it functions and that it matched most of my songs. My only real frustration is with it not matching songs that it really should. For example, I have the album "Ten Thousand Fists" by Disturbed. It matched all the songs except "Ten Thousand Fists" and "Land of Confusion" which were the most popular titles off the album. And it is a CD rip so, I don't see any reason it should have not worked. But not a big deal for me since I ripped it as...
They do not. They show up as matched. So, it is clear which songs are purchased and which are matched.
I don't think so. For example, I bought some songs from Rhapsody. In the comments field it has that info. iTunes matched it and I downloaded it to another machine. The comments are still there. What I might try later is to remove all the meta-data and see if iTunes tries to replace it if it is missing. This sounds strange, but some reports say that there is some kind of sound hound type analysis going on. Otherwise I could just put the meta-data for any song that I wanted...