or Connect

Posts by nunyabinez

If your songs were ineligible it is likely because they were below 100k bit rate. Here's a hint. Create a higher bit rate version of it in iTunes. Yes, I know that you can't add any actual quality, but it will make it eligible for iTunes to match. Then you can replace it with your matched version.Genres are not changed by match. If you change it locally it will change in the cloud, in fact it almost does it in real time and there seems to be some process monitoring...
Yes, if you change it one place that change will be uploaded to iCloud. If the song is already downloaded to a device it will not change it. But if you delete and re-download it takes the newest information.Two ways. When you delete a song from iTunes that is in the cloud there is a checkbox that lets you delete from the cloud at the same time. The other way is that if you have deleted a song locally and it is in the cloud, you will still see an identical entry but with...
If you want to really see what is going on with your library in the cloud, set up another machine, VM, or separate user account on you machine and install iTunes with no songs in it. Then you can see exactly what is there. You get a pretty good idea with the new iCloud Status column, but you can't see some of the edge cases clearly, like when you have two copies of a song in the cloud.
I posted this in a few places so it might help with the inevitable questions that will show up here. Been working with Match for a few weeks and thought I would post a FAQ type response here to what I see people asking over and over again. 1. When you enable Match it goes through a three step process. Analyzing your library, matching songs, uploading non-matched content. It does this for your whole library. You can't choose to exclude songs other than taking them out of...
Wow! This is a surprise. I'll have to check to see if they wiped my data from this weekend.
Yes, you can replace any song that matches with it's matched version. I was not totally clear about what you were asking, but I went through and for each album that matched I replaced it with the matched version if the bit rate was higher. FYI there is a new field that is called Match Status or something like that that shows you if it was matched, uploaded, ineligible, etc. so you can use that to decide which to delete or replace.I have heard mixed reports about tuneup,...
I'm in a similar boat to you. Almost all my library is Lossless, but I discovered that even Lossless songs that aren't matched end up being converted to 256K. If your tracks are all matched, you would have no problem because no data would be sent to the cloud. Your issue would be the time to upload as each of those tracks would be converted locally before being uploaded. But as I said earlier, size doesn't matter, it's the number of songs. One other thing that I hear a...
One final thought here. As I have been testing it over the part weeks it is getting better. Trust me when I say you wouldn't have wanted it as it was at the end of October. It still is not perfect, and I still don't know why they can't get all the songs in a album right sometimes. And these are not pirated albums, I ripped them myself, so I know that they are correct. That brings up another issue which is that Gracenote data and iTunes store data is not always in sync. I...
I posted this in another forum and people found it helpful. So, I thought I would post it here. Been working with Match for a few weeks and thought I would post a FAQ type response here to what I see people asking over and over again. 1. When you enable Match it goes through a three step process. Analyzing your library, matching songs, uploading non-matched content. It does this for your whole library. You can't choose to exclude songs other than taking them out of your...
This seems to be another place where people are confused or misinformed. iTunes match has not bearing on the legality of your music. In strict legal definition, possession of a pirated tune is not a crime. In other words, even if the RIAA seized my drive and could prove through hash tags or some other means that my songs came from a pirate, they could not charge me with a crime. However, even if I deleted the files, if they could show that I uploaded or downloaded the...