or Connect

Posts by nunyabinez

You are corrected. You don't pay for storage. You are limited to 25,000 songs, however tracks you purchased from iTunes don't count. There is no size limit so you could have one song that lasted for 24 hours and it would count as one song (of course it would take forever to copy it up). Also, tracks that aren't matched are copied in their existing bit rate up to 320k. If the file is Lossless, it is converted on your machine and then copied up to the cloud at 256K.And for...
I'm also surprised that it is only 16%. However, I happen to be a bleeding edge kind of guy. But, I do know at least one friend who couldn't move to Lion because of one app that requires Rosetta. I imagine that it is a combination of that and not meeting minimal requirements that is holding many people back.
There is definitely some weird stuff going on. I have been using match and as requested I turned it off on my iPad and iPhone. Just out of curiosity I turned it back on, but it won't see the data anymore. My Mac is still seeing the files and can download from match, but it appears that once you shut it off it won't let you back in. I'm guessing that issues with match are impacting iCloud and Siri since they are likely using the same server farm for all these services. I...
It's not like they graded the paper with a red pen and sent it back for improper grammar or punctuation, their name was spelled wrong. How many of you if you were served with papers and your name was misspelled would point that out? I certainly would. I don't think this is an issue of attention to detail at all. It was pointing out an obvious mistake that could have legal ramifications.
Actually, it was the opposite I was concerned about. If I had a Lossless file that match could not find because it was tagged wrong which then caused me to have to upload the lossless file. If match finds the songs, then no bandwidth or time is used, but if not, then I end up uploading a lossless file to the cloud then then have to download it to my device. And I don't really want lossless on my iPhone or iPod. I like the general idea of match, because on my main machine I...
OK. I did a little searching and found some things about ITM that are a little disappointing. 1. ALL music in your library is automatically included in the match. If iTunes identifies it correctly it associates it with a 256k version already stored on Apple's servers. If not, it copies the file as it is to the cloud (I imagine that would be true even of lossless). It appears that for many developers it is only matching a small percentage of their libraries. but again,...
I also am very anxious to get iTunes match. However, if given the choice between launching it with bugs and fixing them later or fixing the bugs and delaying, I will gladly wait. I have spent many hours on my iTunes library, tagging, getting artwork, re-ripping when I got additional storage, etc. And while I have multiple back-ups, it would be incredibly frustrating to have something happen that screwed it up. I think Apple understands that people have a relationship...
I actually don't think they would, but they could. Apple has maintained a strategy of not caring about market share and focussing on margins and high product differentiation. But, now they are the market leader with iPad. I don't know if they would be willing to let a competitor do to the iPad what PCs did to the Mac. If real competitor started to dramatically eat into the iPad space they might take a different strategy as the dominant player in the market. So far, they...
it's because China wants to prevent foreign companies from getting traction over local Chinese companies. But actually only a small part of what goes into an iPhone is actually attributable to China. The phones are assembled in China, but parts come from Japan and Germany and I once saw an infographic that showed that something like less that 10% of the iPhones cost went to China. I'll see if I can track it down.EDIT: Found it. Less than 4%
I'll give this a shot. First, Apple has margins that any other manufacturer would kill for. If they felt that a credible competitor might actually gain a foot hold they could cut back on that margin a lot and still make a decent profit. Second, Apple has incredible economies of scale. Since they are buying in such large numbers, the parts that go into an Apple product cost less that do the parts that do into a competitor's product, even if they are the very same...