or Connect

Posts by nunyabinez

It appears your sarcasm detector is not functioning. Maybe you need more RAM.
Good to know, I assumed with a "Summer" release that it was fairly stable and complete, but it might be better to wait and see. Thanks.
Yep, realize that, but I'm not a developer and don't want to spend $99 for a couple month preview. A quick google search indicates that there are other ways to get the file, but I wanted to make sure that it would install and run if I spent the bandwidth to download it since I had also heard rumors that the software called home to see if you are a developer or not. I used Office 2011 for months before it was out despite not being a part of the formal Beta and bought it the...
Apologies for a slightly off topic question, but I was hoping one of you could answer a question for me about Lion. I have heard that it is available somewhere on the net , but also that it phones home when being installed. I like to play with Beta software, but I'm not really a developer and don't want to pay $99 buck to get an early preview. Has anyone here tied out Lion from sources other than the Apple download? I apologize if this is bad etiquette to ask here, but my...
This has to be one of the most awkwardly worded sentences I have ever seen. I had to read it three times to understand what they were saying. You should rewrite it. How about "Word that Random House could join its five biggest competitors (HarperCollins ...) on the iBookstore comes just two days before... BTW, I'm not a grammar nazi and almost never criticize a poster's grammar (I have made some exceptions when it was over the top), but this is a professional writer, and...
I'm very interested in seeing what actually is announced. Based on the rumors, I think I'll be passing on this model. Camera is a meh for me and I seem to be strong enough to hold my current one. But they may have something up their sleeve, so I'll wait till next week to make my decision.
Don't relax too much. The response was only that it is not delayed. It could still be released later than people think and still be on Apple's schedule. I don't personally think it will be later than people think, but since it is unannounced, we have no idea when Apple was planning on releasing it. So, it is possible that they could show up in June and September and not have been delayed.
Thanks, I was curious about how he would be dressed. Since he only wears the black turtleneck and jeans, I wondered if he would dress up for the President. From that picture it's kind of ambiguous. It could be the turtleneck but it could also be a black dress shirt. Anyway, I would love to see any other picture people find, not because I want to pry into his health, but the psychology of Steve Jobs is interesting and I would like to know if he wore jeans and tennis...
While I have not played Smurfs, I have played some "free" games that have in app purchases. The ones I have played still allow you to play the game without making any in app purchases, it just takes time to build up resources, etc. So, if you are a patient person you can still have an enjoyable time. So, I would guess that you can play Smurfs just fine without any purchases as long as you are not impatient. That being said, most children are being raised in a world of...
You may have access to more information than I do. Here is what was reported: "We are now requiring that if an app offers customers the ability to purchase books outside of the app, that the same option is also available to customers from within the app with in-app purchase." Emphasis added. My interpretation of that was that it is specific to the app. Not if your company offers an option to buy. But that is part of the problem with this whole thing. There is a lot of...